Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stoooopid question time... Newborn clothes

(11 Posts)
WinterLover Fri 22-Jul-11 19:39:17

I was planned to have an August baby EDD 19/08/11 however things are progressing now and it looks as though il be having it sometime before next weekend.

Ive been through my hospital bag for baby (just to check) and I have baby grow's and sleep suits. Do I need any other 'clothes' for a newborn? Ive got socks, scratch mits and hats but no other clothes as we're having a suprise baby so everyone has said they will buy more clothes when they know boy or girl.

Im probably fretting over nothing now, but worried I dont have the right clothes sad

Help!!

nethunsreject Fri 22-Jul-11 19:42:23

Sounds perfect.

Sleep suits and the vest things with poppers are all you really need at first. Cardis in cold weather obv, but lucky you having a summer baby!

Best of luck!

Scaredycat3000 Fri 22-Jul-11 19:44:17

That sounds fine to me. The weather is fine and the hospital will be very warm. Some babies need scratch mits, some don't. To warm for a hat, take a blanket, that will cover all other possible requirements.

musttidyupmusttidyup Fri 22-Jul-11 19:49:59

Nothing cuter than a babygrow on newborn and so comfy for them. Small babies look funny in real clothes and often uncomfortable.

WinterLover Fri 22-Jul-11 20:03:21

Thankyou grin our hospital advise you take hats incase it's cold when you leave. Got a freebee with a mag so will take that with me.

It's so hard to judge uk weather though, today it's been really cold.

sevendwarves Fri 22-Jul-11 20:25:19

As you think you'll be having it early I'd get a few early baby sleepsuits and bodysuits just in case. Just leave them in the packets/with labels on then you can return them if you don't need them. Good luck!

sevendwarves Fri 22-Jul-11 20:26:59

Meant to add to pack a blanket in case it's cold when you come home, tomorrow's only meant to be 14 degrees!

Piglet28 Fri 22-Jul-11 20:45:12

I had some short sleeved vests for DS, although he was a winter baby ... not sure you'll need them under a babygrow for summer, but as we have some cooler weather atm you may need some just incase!

Good luck

WinterLover Fri 22-Jul-11 20:58:09

I have 2 early baby baby grows (came as part of a bundle) so will put them into my bag - never thought of that.

Baby is measuring big for my dates which is why they think im coming early, but if I need some more early baby ones my mum or DP can nip to Tescos as they are 5 min from the hospital and 24 hours, and only 2 min from my house grin

You are all making me feel prepared now, thankyou smile

Sewmuchtodo Fri 22-Jul-11 21:08:28

The only other thing I would pop in is a cardi as the weather is ment to be a bit cooler and damp this week.

Good luck!

WinterLover Sat 23-Jul-11 07:32:24

Sew tell me about it, brrrrr got up this morning and its sooooo cold. Got a fleece jacket and blanket with car seat for DP to bring to hospital. No point in adding to the weight of my already heavy bag lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now