Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG immediately after MC. Anyone else?

(19 Posts)
LivinInTheMoment Fri 22-Jul-11 15:32:56

I mc'd in may, doctor told us to wait til i get a period then ttc again. But we did not wait and just went ttc as soon as bleeding had passed.

Is the only reason the doctors tell us to wait for a period so that they can date the pg? Or is there other reasons?

I did take a multivitamin, Sona Multiplus since mc, and am still taking it, is that multi ok to keep on taking or should i switch to something like Pregnacare?

Thanks ladies!

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 22-Jul-11 15:35:59

Sorry about your MC sad

I don't really have any knowledge on this subject, but if you're taking vitamins then it is better to take pregnancy ones as standard ones have vitamin A, IIRC it's not recommended that you take it when PG

Congratulations btw, do you know when you're due?

Crosshair Fri 22-Jul-11 15:39:01

Yea I got pregnant stright away after a mc at 5 weeks, now 16 weeks everything going fine.

Swap to a pregnancy multivitamin as mentioned above.

Congrats!

RickGhastley Fri 22-Jul-11 15:39:15

The sonographer and my GP both told me to wait until I'd had 1 period before TTC so that they could date the pregnancy. I asked if this was the only reason to wait and they said ye, apart from giving yourself time to emotionally recover. The sonographer said that she would suggest anyone having ERPC waits so that the lining of the womb can recover.

I think if you are TTC you should take a PG multi vit as they have folic acid in and don't contin vitanin A(? is it A?) the one that pregnant women sould not take.

Good luck TTC!

CountBapula Fri 22-Jul-11 15:42:50

Yes, I had an MC at 5 weeks, then got pg again straight away. The docs said it was just so they could date the pregnancy, so we thought, sod that, and just got on with it (I was charting anyway, so had a v good idea of dates).

DS is now 10 months old smile

Congratulations and all the best.

Cattleprod Fri 22-Jul-11 15:44:21

I think it's mainly to date the pregnancy, but also maybe to give time for any remnants of the previous preg to clear.

Fwiw, my first period after mc and erpc came really soon and was long and heavy. Was pregnant again 2 months later and bled throughout the first trimester, so not sure if the bleeding was related or not, but was very scary. Now just about to enter 3rd trimester.

Definitely avoid any multivits with vit A. You just need folic acid really, and maybe a bit of iron and vit D if your stores are low.

LivinInTheMoment Fri 22-Jul-11 15:47:24

Thanks ladies!

I had a complete mc, lasted 2 wks, so stressful. I dont know my due date, but will go for early scan next wk, hopfully they can date me then by the size. I really hope little one is ok in there.

The multi i am takin, says the vit a is mostly in beta carotene form which should be safe for pg women, anyone know any more about that?

I think i'll go get a pg multi though just to be on safe side...

LizzyMathsWhizzy Fri 22-Jul-11 15:58:37

I miscarried at 11 weeks in February, it went on for a couple of weeks and was very stressful. We weren't trying to get pregnant, I was on the pill when I conceived and stopped taking it as soon as I realised (about 8 weeks), had a scan at 10 weeks and everything appeared to be ok, so we got ourselves round to the idea of having a baby, then it all went wrong. When I miscarried we were obviously devastated, but agreed that maybe it was for the best, I've just finished my NQT year, which is stressful enough, and I wanted to get a bit more settled in my career before having kids. My husband was totally in agreement, and although upset that this baby wasn't coming after all, thought that we were best to wait until we could afford a bigger house and car. I went to the doctor to go back on the pill, and he said to start taking it as soon as my period started... it never did. I'm now 23 weeks pregnant, and happy about it. Sometimes the unexpected can be the best thing for you, although I won't pretend that I haven't been terrified of losing this one too. I have a noticable bump and can feel the baby kicking, so I guess it will probably be fine this time. My only advice is try not to worry about things going wrong again, more often than not the second pregnancy works out a lot better than the first. I think the body sometimes needs a bit more time to get used to pregnancy, but getting pregnant straight away indicates you are ready this time. Good luck x

LivinInTheMoment Fri 22-Jul-11 23:38:23

Oh Lizzy Its so true its just so stressful and emotional, just like you I had jsut come to terms with the fact i was pg, and just getting excited about it, then mc happens. I am pretty nervous so far and am anxious to get scan and see that all is ok... Thank you so much for sharing ur story x

InsomniaQueen Sat 23-Jul-11 09:51:30

Omg I seem to have found the right place - I had a mc at 5 weeks was told by dr after full scan and blood test that it was complete (we were abroad so had access to the best healthcare our insurance provided - which was exceptional). hadn't really thought about TTC - we had decided to just chill and I spent a month pampering myself and just enjoying spending time together without the pressure of having to SWI at specific times or days.

Found out we were pg a few weeks ago and because I kept my chart going (to understand how the mc would affect my cycle) which I assumed it had when I didn't get my usual pinch on cd 19.....turns out I had just ovulated early. I took a test cos my AF was late and just assumed it would come back negative and I just would have to wait.....when I got a BFP I almost fell off the toilet!!!!

As far as I know I am still pg - I have a dating scan on Wednesday but the thing currently stressing me out is the fact that I don't have any symptoms. I had lots last Friday - started with bloating, then got sore nips, insomnia and freaky dreams. Over the past week they have all gone away and I just think it's all over - don't have the heart to tell DH cos it would be like admitting its gone already and I'm still clinging to that little bit of hope.

I suppose what I'm asking is - has anyone else been pg and not had any symptoms at 5/6 weeks?

Many thanks all.

CountBapula Sat 23-Jul-11 09:57:22

I didn't really have any symptoms until about 8 weeks IIRC.

MissRee Sat 23-Jul-11 10:20:29

InsomniaQueen - I haven't had any symptoms other than tiredness and sore boobies and I'm now 17 weeks!!! Unless you're bleeding or in pain, you ARE pregnant! Stay positive hun.

Ria x

Crosshair Sat 23-Jul-11 10:59:05

Symptoms wise my mum didnt have any at all with me. Some people just deal with the increased hormones better then others. smile

Mine kicked in about the 8 week mark also.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sat 23-Jul-11 11:03:43

I had a mc, had my scan to make sure everything ok and waited for my period that never arrived. Am now 33 weeks. It is all about being able to date you. Turns out I was pg again by the time if the scan but too early for it to be picked up. So when mw used that a def date I wasn't pg my dates turned out to be quite wrong when having my dating scan. I lost almost a month of my pg during that scan shock

they wouldn't do an early scan for me si had to wait till the normal dating scan. sad

lovesicecream Sat 23-Jul-11 12:14:39

I got pg straight afte mc, baby is now 19 weeks old

ChocaMum Sat 23-Jul-11 12:20:24

I only started to get symptoms around 8/9 weeks. 16 weeks now and still puking, so I'm glad it didn't all start any earlier!

The current latest research says that becoming pregnant as soon as a miscarriage is complete has the best outcome, so good luck all you mums and bumps. The main thing is just to wait for the miscarriage to be complete, so when the bleeding has stopped.

I think it's probably best to take the pregnancy supplements as said above, it won't contain high amounts of vit A & D, and gives you the right amount of folic acid.

Good luck, fingers crossed for everyone! smile

marthamay Sat 23-Jul-11 12:30:43

I also mc in May and am now pregnant. I did have one full period in between though - not through any choice of mine, I was desperate to ttc! I'm guessing my body wasn't quite up to it yet.

I'm just so nervous. It's so difficult to invest emotional energy into the pregnancy without getting all worked up about symptoms etc. Today I feel like I don't have many symptoms (I'm only 5+2!!!) and it is making me want to cry....

Good luck to us hey, keep our fingers and legs crossed and hope for the most boring 9 months to comesmile. xxxxx

harassedandherbug Sat 23-Jul-11 16:10:14

I had a mmc & erpc in Jan, mc in March and then got a bfp 27 days after the mc. It's been very scary tbh, but my epu scanned me at 6 & 8 weeks and were totally fab! We were lucky enough to see a good strong hb at 6wks but that's not always the case as it's really early.

I'm 18 weeks now and still mentalling about something or other! I bought a doppler and that's really helped.

Try and chill out and get plenty of sleep, that was my gp's advice.

LivinInTheMoment Sat 23-Jul-11 17:26:24

My only symptoms so far are sore boobs and bloating, and they have just become more noticible in the past week and half. And by my guess i think i could be about 7 ish wks. So at 5wks at no symptoms at all!

I want to book in for a scan in the next week or so, but i don't want to get the internal, can i ask them not to do internal or will they insist since i'm only early on? The internal just brings back such bad memories for me, cos after the internal when i was spotting at 6wks where they saw only a little sac and no hb i was so heartbroken, and then the bleeding started very heavily after all that probing. Or should i wait til another 2 wks or so to be sure n get the tummy scan instead??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now