Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feel so ill :o(

(10 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 22-Jul-11 14:28:23

Just need to have a whinge where I will be understood. 10 weeks 3 days & I feel so sick. I woke up at 4.40am feeling sick & it won't go away. I've had a 3 hour nap this afternoon but I'm so tired still. I just want to sick in a corner & cry :,o(
I know I'm not the only one that feels like this & I am so grateful to be carrying this baby but I just needed to say how horrid I feel.
To anyone who read this whinge, thank you x

Crosshair Fri 22-Jul-11 14:37:44

Sorry you feel poo, hopefully it will ease off eventually. Ive started to feel more normal again at 15 weeks.

Fatty foods and fizzy drinks helped me when feeling sick and tired.blush

MissRee Fri 22-Jul-11 14:38:56

What have you tried to rid yourself of the sickyness Hun? I hear that travel sickness bands are a great natural way of relieving it or if you go on mumstuff.co.uk, they do a range of natural products to ease it.

Does eating help? If it does then keep some crackers or plain biscuits by your bed in case you wake feeling sicky again and also in your handbag for when you're on the move.

Hugs tho honey, hopefully it will pass at the 12-14 week point, altho that must feel a million miles off at the moment sad

Ria x

MsChanandlerBong Fri 22-Jul-11 15:01:43

I second what MissRee said about crackers or plain biscuits. I found my sickness was closely related to my blood sugar levels, and I needed to eat constantly little and often to help ease the nausea, even if the thought of food seemed horrendous.

I really feel for you. I found the first 14 weeks the hardest so far (currently 32 weeks).

PrincessScrumpy Fri 22-Jul-11 15:13:06

Coke helped me loads - I don't usually drink fizzy but needed the sugfar and caffiene to keep me going as the sickness lasted all day and night. Dh used to bring dd her milk to have in our bed each morning and me a glass of cola! It helped a lot though - then I would nibble on those mini cheesey biscuits to help put something in my tummy. Resting also helped, so lots of early nights.

I'm now 31w pg with twins and the first 16 weeks of projectile vomitting seem a very distant memory.

Bumpsadaisie Fri 22-Jul-11 15:21:22

Poor you - 10 weeks is the worst!

Just rest and don't worry about it. Soon you'll have your 12 week scan, then soon after that you will gradually realise that actually you haven't felt quite so bad recently.

By about 15 weeks you will be feeling nearly human again and by 17 weeks you will actually feel quite good!

You will then rapidly lose all recollection of how awful the first trimester is (this will cause you have a further child in due course - she says, expecting DC2 and having forgotten what a shocker the first 14 weeks are!)

mpops Fri 22-Jul-11 15:21:40

It's awful isn't it. I was the same and it lasted until about week 14-15. To be honest, there wasn't much I could eat to make me feel better. Just stuff that didn't make me feel horrible, like bland pasta with cheese and toast with Flora. That was pretty much all I ate around then. The only thing I could do to feel OK was sleep it off. Try and have as much rest as you can and if you need to take time off work (if you're working) then please do. It'll go away soon enough.

bmm39 Fri 22-Jul-11 15:41:46

I also have been feeling pants too. I am 9 weeks pregnant and my sickness started about week 6 and fingers crossed it is starting to ease off. I was being sick and feeling sick up until around 3pm, it was awful. I found that ginger biscuits are good and I have recently got some travel sickness bands and although I was sick this morning I felt better straight afterwards and I have not felt nauseous all day smile. It will wear off, so hang in there.

RickGhastley Fri 22-Jul-11 15:42:39

You poor thing, second the suggestions of fizzy drinks, bland carbs and lots of sleep. Mine was worse when I ate sugary stuff, went too long between snacking or tried to do to much.

Just to give you hope I am 12 weeks pg and starting to feel a bit better in the day time although still shocking from about 3pm onwards!

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 22-Jul-11 16:21:11

Thank you all. I have found eating ALL the time helps a bit but I have managed to put on 2 stone so that is stressing me out. Unfortunately it is things like fat coke & biscuits that help. I have those travel sickness bands but didn't find they helped me.
I have 2 DC so should remember all this. I felt like this with DD but still lived with my parents so I think I hibernated the whole time & with DS it wasn't this bad & I was running round after a 2 year old. I have been sleeping while kids are at school but they broke up today & I am such a hands on mummy that the holidays may be a bit tough but they are great kids & so helpful at the moment so in sure we will get through & have fun.
Thank you all again xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now