Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raspberry leaf tea out of date?

(7 Posts)
Moodykat Fri 22-Jul-11 13:31:28

Hi! Not sure if anyone can help but I'm nearly 39 weeks and a friend has just donated some raspberry leaf tea but it's two months out of date- does anyone know if it could do any harm?
TIA!

ramade Fri 22-Jul-11 16:45:43

I drank raspberry leaf tea. I had a fast labour (that's what it's supposed to encourage) but suffered terrible damage as DD came out. My sister in laws friend had the same experience with it.

Solo Fri 22-Jul-11 16:55:21

I didn't think it was to encourage 'fast labour,' I thought it was to condition your uterus.

Tea does not go off or bad. It may dry out a little, it may even go slightly grey, but it is fine to drink and will cause no harm!
39 weeks is a little late to start drinking it for the full desired effect I think...it should be at around 32-35 weeks I believe.

Solo Fri 22-Jul-11 16:56:45

BTW, I and all my mummy friends used it and all of us were fine, not even a stitch.

Moodykat Fri 22-Jul-11 19:23:47

Thanks! I really didn't think it could do any harm but sometimes this parenting thing can ruin my common sense! Strangely enough I really like the taste!

threefeethighandrising Fri 22-Jul-11 21:00:48

I guess it might lose its potency as it gets older. But 2 months out of date isn't much for tea.

Solo Sat 23-Jul-11 01:31:38

I like it too! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now