Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First Response test: one pink line, one faint one after a few minutes.

(31 Posts)
Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 08:13:26

Could be nonsense? Nothing to be concerned about?
Surely not preg? (45 yrs old in 5 days, poor as church mice and DS is 6 yrs old.... plus DH always said he did not want another)

Surely I am not pregnant?

Just got to talk to someone, so MN was the best bet grin.

No, it won't be the end of the world if I am pregnant, but the timing is pretty crap seeing that I am doing my final year of a Masters degree next academic year. Oh, and did I mention that we have NO money?

BellaBearisWideAwake Fri 22-Jul-11 08:14:33

Tentative congratulations?

Malvapoeding Fri 22-Jul-11 08:15:22

If it was read within the test time period (normally says 'don't read after x minutes') they more than likely yes you are pregnant.

I would wait a few days and test again with a different test.

Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 08:26:44

[oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck]

Malvapoeding, een van my gunsteling poedings! (one of my favourite puddings grin)

Going to get anothe 15 test kits today.

We are bloody going to France tomorrow for 2 weeks!

Malvapoeding Fri 22-Jul-11 08:41:46

Dis my gusteling poeding ook! Ek maak dit vanoggend vir more aand se braai!

I think just one more test should do - when it's positive it's positive!

rosieposey Fri 22-Jul-11 08:49:33

Thats what my first response looked like. I thought it was negative but looked 5 mins later and it was clearly, faintly there. The result of which is lying next to me for his morning cuddle smile

Hope you get the result you want.

banana87 Fri 22-Jul-11 08:51:12

I think you appear to be preggers!

TheSnickeringFox Fri 22-Jul-11 08:55:44

Get a digital test for goodness sake. Yes you are poor but cheaper than 15 normal tests which you do one after the other, squinting and saying "is is, isn't it, is it, isn't it" grin

CheeseandGherkins Fri 22-Jul-11 09:04:11

A line is a line, I'd say you're pregnant. I dislike the digital tests myself, you need a much higher about of hcg for them to appear Pregnant and I like to test early (my own weakness!)

Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 10:23:38

right: bought a pack with 2 digital tests in it- Clear Blue or summat:

Pregnant 3+ That means I am pregnant Right??

I phoned DH: he is less than happy.......................

What do I do now???????????????????
Bought some folic acid and some sparkling water. With DS I had rather grim morning sickness for 6 weeks.

oh fuck. i don't know if I am happy or not. Am I pregnant??? Will DH come around????????

fuck.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 22-Jul-11 10:27:22

Yes looks like you're pregnant.

Congratulations smile

Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 10:29:45

oh god, now crying

Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 10:30:12

not the end of the world, is it?
i am 45 next week.

mintymellons Fri 22-Jul-11 10:32:55

You poor thing.

I can imagine it's a shock and your mind must be racing.

Just try and take some time to calm down.

mintymellons Fri 22-Jul-11 10:33:51

45 is not the end of the world. There are so many older mums now, you won't stand out (if you don't want to!).

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 22-Jul-11 10:34:57

I apologise for sounding so flippant.

It isn't the end of the world, but you need to take time to think about things and calm down and try to be rational.

supadupapupascupa Fri 22-Jul-11 10:35:43

your DH needs to grow-up quick sharpish! It takes 2!!! And right now you need support not disappointment.

it will be fine, 45 is fine, you both just need a bit of time to get used to the idea

congrats smile

gnushoes Fri 22-Jul-11 10:35:43

Not the end of the world. Got pregnant at 42, was horrified -- gap of 5 yrs to next child up. Spent early pregnancy worrying -- he's lovely and now 7. It all worked out. I know others who've conceived at 45 too and was all fine. You may feel worse during this preg. though. x

Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 10:39:48

thanks, everyone
DH adores our son. He is Fantastic with him!!

Does not seem humanly possible. fuck fuck fuck

ksaunders Fri 22-Jul-11 11:13:31

Congratulations! Get a GP appointment made so that you can kickstart the antenatal process. 3+ means that the clearblue thinks you are at least 5 weeks pregnant (from your last period). Do you know when your last period was?
The new academic year hasn't started yet, so maybe you can look into your options...part-time over couple of years, delay for a year or maybe you can squeeze it in and try to get your coursework done a bit early? Good Luck
smile

harassedandherbug Fri 22-Jul-11 12:31:42

Congratulations!!

It's all do-able, and you won't be the oldest mum at the school gate either. I'm 40 and preg with dc4 (others are 22, 20 & 5) and I'm most def not the oldest preg person at school.

Get to your gp, start taking folic acid and look after yourself. Sickness is worse when you're tired, so lots of sleep. Actually after two mc's this year, that was gp's advice.

Numberfour Fri 22-Jul-11 12:55:41

Thanks, KS and Harassed. I have eventually stopped crying! Doc receptionist said I should ring at 2 for an emergency appointment. But I have to pick up my DS at 1.55!!! Going to mean a huddled telephone call in playground. I am a childminder so will be picking up another child, too. I really do not want them in the surgery with me when I have my appointment! Hopefully I can leave them in reception or talk to the doc in code.

Sm1ley Fri 22-Jul-11 14:14:09

Wouldn't worry too much about DH just yet as I'm sure he'll come round. We had planned and were 'actively trying' and mine still went into shock when I told him the news (lasted until about 9 weeks) but now he's over the moon.
I hope it all works out for you - Congratulations

harassedandherbug Fri 22-Jul-11 14:54:44

My dh was the same Sm1ley. I had a mmc in Jan and mc in March so wasn't expecting a bfp quite so soon (no af between mc and bfp!), and it was quite scary and we tried to mainly ignore it for a while. He's baby mad now! Him and dd were trying out the prams in M&P the other week, I didn't get a look in grin.

Number have you seen doc yet?

Malvapoeding Fri 22-Jul-11 15:28:44

Hope all is okay Number and you and DH get to chat as you must both be in huge shock. Let us know how the doc goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now