Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Coughs, pregnancy and weak pelvic floor muscles

(8 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Thu 21-Jul-11 19:23:42

I have a mean cough at the moment and I keep peeing myself ...a lot. sad
I have resorted to wearing thick sanitary towels all the time - its horrid, my muscles must be so weak and Im only on my second sad
Anyone else have this same problem?

dribbleface Thu 21-Jul-11 20:32:25

I had this at about 24 weeks when i had terrible hayfever, i was upset and mortified, but i did loads of pelvic floor excercises and it has improved alot. Think its just one of those things,

curleywurley2 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:35:39

Hey huni totally understand ur fustration!! Im currently 21weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and my pelvic floors are soooooooo rubbish!!
I was really ill with a sickness bug at the start of the week and every time I was sick and heaved I leaked a little.
Im trying to do my pelvic floor exercises a few times a day ( I do mine during the adverts on tv or when I'm sat at traffic lights in the car lol) so fingers crossed they should get abit better before the babys due in November.
Hope this helps and you feel better knowing you aint alone huni xxxx

Ivortheengine8 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:37:22

Thanks both. I should get my act together and do some pelvic floors too! grin

BertieBasset Thu 21-Jul-11 20:39:24

Yes I had this too around 28 weeks but it got easier towards the end strangely and it's fine now. It was my second pregnancy as well.

Doing my pelvic floor did make a difference, but I think position of baby was the main problem in my case.

dribbleface Thu 21-Jul-11 20:39:42

Honestly think we are alll guitly of neglecting our pelvic floor, only started mine reguarly when i leaked! If it gets to be a real problem a physio can offer help with exercises for stress incontinence.

Ivortheengine8 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:43:26

Its been mainly since I have had this cough I think. If it continues after the cough goes maybe I will have to talk to my midwife.

Ivortheengine8 Thu 21-Jul-11 20:44:19

.....and dribble your username doesnt help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now