Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Absolute lack of appetite...anyone else?

(7 Posts)
mumtojandk Wed 20-Jul-11 11:19:35

I'm 14+4 with baby #3 and I have absolutely no appetite. I have not suffered any nausea this time or during my previous pregnancies so this is not a contributing factor....I have no need to 'avoid' food but I just can't muster the enthusiasm to eat anything....nothing whets my appetite...nothing is tempting.

I do eat though often 'forget' but don't get any hunger pangs....a bowl or cereal for breakfast & my evening meal & maybe soup or toast with vegemite is probably my normal diet 5 days a week. Hubby works away during the week so I have no need to cook any meals, other than for my girls (4 1/2y & 18m).......

Perhaps I should weigh myself? All my usual clothes still fit (inc skinny jeans) though I thought with #3 I'd be bigger sooner, I'm sure I was with #2.

Got consultant appointment next week.....probably should mention it I guess.

Anyway....just wanted to get my worry off my chest...thanks for listening!!

smile

babycarmen Wed 20-Jul-11 11:23:46

Im 11+4 and have no appetite either sad hopefully should improve soon though smile

ksaunders Wed 20-Jul-11 11:47:13

I'm the same. No problem eating pre-pregnancy grin but just don't seem to feel hungry or even have a desire for anything food-wise. I still eat but I'm eating because it's breakfast/lunch/dinner time. I'm 6+3 so hope it doesn't last too long.

TerrysNo2 Wed 20-Jul-11 12:34:39

I was the same, especially until 16 weeks, just did not want any food, or if I did it was fruit, salad or yoghurt. I would eat when I felt sick and dizzy as I knew I had to. Now at 24 weeks my appetite is a bit better but not much - still never know what I want to eat and can get through the day with very little. I lost half a stone in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy but now have put a stone back on.

Rest assured I was the same with my last pregnancy and your appetite does come back - although sometimes I wish it didn't come back with such avengence! smile

feekerry Wed 20-Jul-11 12:39:24

Same here. I'm about 5 weeks. Dont feel sick but def not hungry. At all! Can barely be bothered to eat any toast. In fact thinking of eating makes me feel sick!

sunface Wed 20-Jul-11 13:55:53

i'm the same mummytojandk, 29 weeks with my 3rd and having to force myself to eat most days at the moment. Reassuringly though my bump is massive and i'm measuring 3cms over what i should be apparently!

lovemysleep Wed 20-Jul-11 14:45:16

I had a massive appetite in the 1st trimester, but I was on steroids, so that could have affected me. Once I was in the 2nd trimester, my appetite disappeared - or rather, it didn't take much food to satisfy me, and I'd end up looking at my dinner after eating about a quarter of it, and thinking that I couldn't possibly be full.
Now I'm 28 weeks, it's very changeable - 2 weeks ago, I was going bonkers for really calorific food, and now I'm feeling a bit ambivalent to food - I'm happy to graze, but ofetn don't feel like much dinner.
Am about to go a beautiful hotel next week to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and they have an amazing michelin starred restaurant. DH has booked us a 7 course taster meal - really hoping that i'll be in ravenous mode by then, or I'll be gutted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now