Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hip/ pelvic pain

(3 Posts)
Gemsie77 Wed 20-Jul-11 10:04:33

Hi, I'm just new to this. I'm due to have my c section on 16th August, so not long now. I think I might have a siatic nerve problem or a trapped nerve. It's most apparent when I sit on the loo and can make me yelp in pain. Has anyone had this? I also have had aching 'down there's for months and was told that's to do with the pressure. I have had lots of physio on my pelvis before being pregnant.
Any advice or info would be good thanks.

MamaLaMoo Wed 20-Jul-11 10:49:13

Sounds like pelvic girdle pain which can crop up anytime in pregnancy check out the Pelvic Partnership which have lots of useful info. If it gets to the point that walking and normal activity is painful you can get physiotherapy and support belts to wear during pregnancy.

There is a thread here on the pregnancy Talk page which can help, entitled "anyone join me on the birthing ball?" will find link in a mo.

MamaLaMoo Wed 20-Jul-11 10:51:23

SPD anyone else joining me on the birthing ball?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now