Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pregnancy insomnia

(2 Posts)
lightsandshapes Tue 19-Jul-11 22:54:10

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and fear I may have this. What's it all about? Anyone else got that alert but exhausted feeling?? <tries to shuffle of to bed after 2 very late nights and ineffectual days>..... sad

kri5ty Wed 20-Jul-11 07:39:37

hey hun, not sure if any of this will help you to get some rest... I have had medical insomnia since i was 14, and have been on medication for it for the past 13 years! Luckily for me, pregnancy seems to have helped me, and i can sleep without the tablets grin

Non of these helped for me (but that may be due to it being caused by a medical condition), i went to a sleep therapist for many years who suggested the old favourites... Avoid tv/ music for an hour before bed, have a hot milky drink, eat a bannana, have some lavender in the bedroom, try and stick to a routine, if you are getting anoyed you can't sleep donlt just lie there, get up and read a book, or try a puzzle to tire your brain out such as sudoku, make lists of baby things you will need

I know how horrible it is, really hope it sorts itself out soon for you hun x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: