Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cravings and gender

(18 Posts)
happytree Tue 19-Jul-11 21:56:07

With DS my cravings were for peanut butter, savory things.
This time I'm having lots of sweet cravings so... Girl?

Anyone like to share their experience in this area of scientific gender prediction? grin

timetosmile Tue 19-Jul-11 22:02:25

ahhhh! just thought of my three, and you may be right - had never thought of it before!
DS1-lime pickle (from the jar, with a dessert spoon) blush
DD - Chelsea buns
DS2-sausage and mash dinner with lots of gravy
Good luck anyway!

happytree Tue 19-Jul-11 22:06:16

interesting...
I'll be very happy with either gender so this is pure speculation.

edwinbear Tue 19-Jul-11 22:11:42

Well, with DS my big craving was rocket and parmesan salad. DC2 due in Nov, which we've been told is a girl, has also been....rocket and parmesan salad! But as I've said to DH scans aren't 100% accurate, maybe another blue one will pop out.

LDNmummy Wed 20-Jul-11 01:29:21

Well I'm having a girl and have started two threads on here in 4 months because of the extent of my cravings for sweet things.

loverocky Wed 20-Jul-11 08:06:23

mmmm sausage and gravvvyyyy .....:p
i'm loving chicken pie and twirl chocolates lately, oo and cheese and onion crips yummy x

Davinaaddict Wed 20-Jul-11 08:11:00

I craved stodge with DS1, all savoury, but this time round, my preference is fruit! Much healthier but not as much fun grin. No idea what we're having, although last time I wanted a girl & we got a boy. This one I would like another boy, but suspect we'll get a girl! grin But as long as baby is happy & healthy I don't mind really smile. Good question though! Will be interested to hear more experiences!

nunnie Wed 20-Jul-11 08:11:48

I had fruit with DD, crisps and unhealthy savoury items with DS, with this one started off fruit, then savoury and now back to fruit will know gender in 10 weeks been told it is a girl but you never know till they pop out really.

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Wed 20-Jul-11 08:19:22

DC1: pork pies, strawberries, white chocolate = DD
DC2: pork pies, onion bhajees, Twix bars (no other chocolate, just Twix) = ...will let you know in a few days!

Either way there's sweet and savoury in there!

fatbottomgirl Wed 20-Jul-11 08:39:05

DD = fresh fruit and vegetables, everything really healthy, it was great.
DS1 & DS2 = Coke, and white bread
DC4 = Coke and stodge was told it was a boy at 20 week and I tend to to agree smile

babycarmen Wed 20-Jul-11 11:29:33

This is so interesting smile I craved sponge cake with DD1 and this time im craving picalilli so far (11+4) so maybe a boy this time?? smile Hopefully going to find out the sex so will be interesting to see!

mumtojandk Wed 20-Jul-11 11:31:37

Oh, never thought about it before but I have 2 girls & developed a sweet tooth with DD#1 despite having a savoury tooth before falling pregnant & the sweet tooth returned with DD#2.....

14+4 with DC#3 now and no sweet tooth, but no appetite either.....will be finding out what colour( hopefully if baby plays along at scan) so can't say yet if the difference is because it's a boy but could be smile

icravecheese Wed 20-Jul-11 13:04:03

I craved savoury (cheese, couldnt get enough of salt & vinegar on EVERYTHING) with my son.

Then I craved chocolate, chocolate & more chocolate with my daughter (I NEVER usually eat chocolate!).

Craved mainly sweet stuff this 3rd time.... and according to scan its going to be another girl...

mpops Wed 20-Jul-11 13:54:36

I've got a big sweet tooth (well, not literally) but during my pregnancy I've hardly been craving cake or chocolate or anything. It's been mainly pasta and cheese on toast and savoury things. Scan says we're having a girl!

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 20-Jul-11 13:59:15

DD1 - chocolate and milk

DS1 - chemical smells, rubbery textures and alcohol wipes confused

lovemysleep Wed 20-Jul-11 14:37:59

DD 1 - ice-cream, haribo etc
DC 2 (scan says girl) - magnums, fruit, sweeties

So, maybe there is something to it? Although have had rogue pork pie cravings too, so that could blow the theory out of the window!

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Wed 20-Jul-11 15:13:45

Oh, and mum had cravings for:
Preg#1 - bacon
Preg#2 - Cheese and yoghurt
Preg#3 - (curse, can't remember)
Preg#4 - the smell of petrol

We're all girls grin

cameli Wed 20-Jul-11 20:30:59

DS was frosties, cold milk, fish n chips
DD was anything that wasn't sweet! Totally went off cakes,chocolate etc

Such a shame my appetite came back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now