Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

could I be a surrogate in my 40s?

(11 Posts)
ilovedaddypig Tue 19-Jul-11 16:27:50

Just that really. Could I be a surrogate for my sister in a few years, given that I turn 40 next year, or would we be laughed out of town for making the suggestion?

crazynanna Tue 19-Jul-11 16:30:06

Don't know the answer,ilovedaddypig,but just want to say what a wonderful thing to do <smothers OP in admiration>

ilovedaddypig Tue 19-Jul-11 16:34:04

Aw, shucks grin I have to say, there's no-one else on this earth I'd do it for... but i've had two pretty healthy pregnancies and births myself and can't imagine her never experiencing being a mum.

crazynanna Tue 19-Jul-11 16:36:10

<slightly in love with ilovedaddypig> grin

crazynanna Tue 19-Jul-11 16:36:58

<slightly in love with ilovedaddypig> grin

crazynanna Tue 19-Jul-11 16:38:04

so in love,in fact,I posted twice blush

ilovedaddypig Tue 19-Jul-11 16:39:39

grin!!

wonka Tue 19-Jul-11 16:51:46

This might be useful Surrogacy UK

AllyZ Tue 19-Jul-11 18:05:01

Yes it should be fine. You are using her eggs or donor eggs I assume? All you really need then is your uterus and the ability to build the lining up with the help of injections/pills (a menstrual cycle basically). So it should be possible to be a surrogate until you hit menopause!

OddBoots Tue 19-Jul-11 18:10:12

If you are using viable eggs you can be a host surrogate at any time of life (even after menopause) provided you are in good general health and have no problems with your uterus.

ilovedaddypig Tue 19-Jul-11 21:32:38

Wow, thanks for the replies - Wonka, I will check out that link - it's very early days thinking about this but I didn't want to get carried away if my age would simply rule me out. It would be her eggs and she is a fair bit younger than me so I assume that would be in our favour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now