Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness.. Help!!

(6 Posts)
YummyMummy2Bee Tue 19-Jul-11 15:34:46

I am 7+2 with my my first baby and suffering terrible morning sickness! I know this is normal, and the doctors says this is 'great'! However, i don't think its that great as i cannot keep anything down! I have been prescribed anti-sickness tablets, but even keeping them down is a struggle!! Its really putting me on a downer as all i seem to want to do is lay around the house sad Any suggestions? x

H007 Tue 19-Jul-11 15:39:36

Lay around the house and suck on sweets until it goes away... That's pretty much what I did I'm 22 + 3 now it does pass smile

nannyl Tue 19-Jul-11 15:56:14

oh i remember that sad

be very very careful..... i had 72 hours where i kept down NOTHING (not even ice or sick tabs) and ended up in hospital on a drip.

Sorry but you NEED to rest.

I found that my sick tabs were more likely to stay down if i took them at strict 8 hour intervals... 7am, 3pm and 11pm.... and i had to die down COMPLETELY still in the dark and concentrate on breathing... sometime it worked, sometimes it didnt.

also eat /drink what you feel like when you feel like.... i had very very specific things that it had to be, and it normally only lasted for 24 hours before i wanted some other random thing.

Just be careful..... if you are getting dehydrated go back to Dr again and again and again.... i went back 3 times before i was dehydrated enough to be admitted to hospital... if you think thats you then insist on an emergancy drs appt and take a wee sample with you too.

I hope you feel better soon.... im 32 weeks now and remember it well.

phlossie Tue 19-Jul-11 17:45:41

I'm 9+4 (ish) and have been sick four times today. Very sicky pregnancy, is this one. I'm wearing sea-sickness bands - I have no idea if they help! Eat what you crave, sleep whenever you can and if you can, go swimming - it stops in water.

Watch out for dehydration, and get help if you can't keep anything down.

Mine stopped with my other two babies at about 13-14 weeks, so I'm counting down the days.

And congratulations!

Ooh - also, there's a hyperemisis support thread on this board, and if you look in the antenatal clubs section you'll find a sympathetic group of people due at the same time as you who are going through similar.

bcmummy Tue 19-Jul-11 19:27:32

I am 9+3 with DC2 and have been throwing up at least twice a day for the last while. Nothing much was helping (ginger biscuits blah blah blah!), rest was very difficult as I also have a 2 yr old who no longer naps but someone recommended the sea-sickness acupressure bands to me that phlossie mentioned and I have had them on 24 hours now and have not thrown up today! Result! Actually feel almost human. Might be a coincidence but I'd say definitely worth a try. They are called Sea-Bands and I got them at my local chemist. Hope you feel better soon.

Oeisha Tue 19-Jul-11 19:38:31

Most tablets also come in supository form (if it's prochloperazine, it def does), as well as liquid form which may suit you better, so you may want to ask for them...check out the hypermesis support thread as I'm sure they'll know what to suggest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now