Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9 weeks and showing already.... Normal?

(11 Posts)
QueenCee Tue 19-Jul-11 08:33:31

I'm 9+1 with DC2. DC1 is only 8 months so I lost alot of my pg weight but not all of it.
I'm now obviously PG at only 9 weeks. Is this normal for a second pregnancy? It's def not twins as I've had a scan already.
I just feel ridiculous telling people I'm pregnant this early but I feel like I have to as I'm really quite big and in mat clothes already.
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but I just feel embarrassed.
Anyone else had this?

TheSnickeringFox Tue 19-Jul-11 08:35:01

Definitely normal to show earlier with second babies!

Also normal to show earlier if there's more than one in there wink.

QueenCee Tue 19-Jul-11 08:36:06

Definately not twins!!! I've had a scan due to some bleeding and only one in there!!!!

goodnightmoon Tue 19-Jul-11 08:52:51

don't worry, a lot of it probably just bloating anyway, and you'll probably have a few weeks of shifting about. i thought i was showing at 9 weeks (second child) but it's been huge tummy/flat tummy from day to day and week to week. now i'm 18 weeks and my tummy still looks sort of flat some days!

Meglet Tue 19-Jul-11 08:58:52

I podged out quite early with dc2. I had to wear maternity jeans from 10 weeks. I didn't end the pregnancy any bigger than the first one though.

TheSnickeringFox Tue 19-Jul-11 09:40:56

Darn. I love a good surprise twin thread grin

Congratulations btw!

QueenCee Tue 19-Jul-11 12:40:59

Sorry to disappoint snickeringfox !! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who bumped out early. It's just a pain trying to hide it when I'm failing miserably! I'm just at that stage where it's questionable whether I'm pregnant or fat!! Urrghh!

Squiglettsmummy2bx Tue 19-Jul-11 13:16:25

Same here,10 weeks & a nice big belly. It is funny seeing peoples faces coz they aren't sure if I'm just getting fat again I have lost loads of weight recently & when I say I'm pregnant the relief in their eyes does make me giggle x my bf keeps saying triplets! No scan yet so who knows?!?

deardear Tue 19-Jul-11 14:48:56

mine went from really big a couple of weeks ago to flat again now and i am nearly 9 weeks. with my second i went straight into maternity clothes then back out of them and didnt go back in until i was around 7 months!

deardear Tue 19-Jul-11 14:49:10

mine went from really big a couple of weeks ago to flat again now and i am nearly 9 weeks. with my second i went straight into maternity clothes then back out of them and didnt go back in until i was around 7 months!

fannybanjo Tue 19-Jul-11 14:50:53

I was HUGE early on with all mine! No hiding it, everyone would know I was pregnant from around week 6. Although I would hardly change in size in last trimester. It was like I did all the growing first 7 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now