Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

where can I find a long moses basket stand??

(13 Posts)
CrazyAlien06 Tue 19-Jul-11 08:10:03

Hi
I have purchased a m & s moses basket but cannot find a stand to hold it..... was a bargain lol.
Anyway the basket measurements are :- L89 x W42 x H28cm
Does anyone have any idea where I could get a suitable stand?
Baby is going to be a long one as 28 week scan showed it has very long legs and im 5ft 11" with DH 6 ft 4" smile
any ideas would be fab, thanks

Badgerwife Tue 19-Jul-11 11:30:00

Hi,

Not sure exactly as the measurements aren't always mentioned but if you go on ebay or here: www.mosesbasketbedding.co.uk, they might have what you're looking for amongst all the links.

From what I've heard, babies don't last very long in the moses basket anyway, and if your baby is particularly big, it will be in there even less, so you might find it needs to go to cot/cot-bed sooner rather than later.

Rootatoot Tue 19-Jul-11 11:51:35

I'm just looking at stands. We've been promised one which hasn't materialised so think should just get one bought now as I'm heading for 36 weeks! I noticed Mothercare stands look quite small (length 80cm) but Argos do an adjustable one which fits any length. Not really keen on a rocking one but not a lot of choice about suprisingly.

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3764707/Trail/searchtext%3EMOSES+BASKET.htm

Nagini Tue 19-Jul-11 11:53:15

The plastic 'straps' that hold it onto the wooden stand will be adjustable.

I like rocking stands smile

CrazyAlien06 Tue 19-Jul-11 13:24:35

thanks ladies smile
badgerwife yeah they probably wont be in it long, but still need a stand for the time being smile

Haven't ordered the nursery furniture yet lol

CrazyAlien06 Tue 19-Jul-11 13:29:26

i have reserved the argos one- shall go collect it later and test it out smile fingers crossed!

Reallea Tue 19-Jul-11 15:44:08

I have a DS on 99.1st centile as DH is 6'6. The Moses basket we had him in for about two months was weaved for my nan for when my auntie was born and all the babies born into the family have used it since (including me). It is huge. My bro bought a stand from mamas and papas for it which fits it perfectly so I'd suggest checking out the size of theirs.

CBear6 Tue 19-Jul-11 16:08:16

I have a Mamas and Papas stand and it's great. My brother borrowed it when his DS was born and it fit their basket, I've now got it back again ready for DD arriving. It's quite a long stand lengthwise.

CrazyAlien06 Tue 19-Jul-11 18:09:50

thanks ladies, will try this clare de lune one and if that doesnt fit ill be trying mamas and papas smile

CrazyAlien06 Tue 19-Jul-11 22:04:03

Hey, the clare de lune one was perfect! Even had to make the adjustable bit smaller! now can't wait to get house finished and baby things put up!
Our reusable nappies arrived today so we ve been having a play with them too :-) starting to think about what to pack in hospital bag to pass time lol as so bored off work!

Rootatoot Tue 19-Jul-11 22:37:45

Glad that one was suitable crazy. I keep forgetting about the stand cos our friend said we could have theirs but it hasn't appeared. I really need to get one as I'm going to end up forgetting again and baby will end up on the floor!!

There was a good thread a month or so ago about hospital bag checklists, if you do a search. I found v useful in packing mine smile

talulubell Wed 20-Jul-11 06:55:10

I've got a M&S basket (also a bargain!) and my stand is a mamas n papas given by a friend. I did but an Argos one but is was too small I found and had to take it back

CrazyAlien06 Wed 20-Jul-11 08:18:00

Ah that's unlucky about Argos one being too small. We were lucky that the clare de lune one from Argos fitted very well smile my next stop was mamas and papas if it didn't fit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now