Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Non-minty toothpaste

(16 Posts)
annekins Mon 18-Jul-11 21:04:32

Hi all, just wondering if anyone had an idea of where I can get a decent non mint flavoured toothpaste?

For some reason, mint and I aren't good friends at the moment, and it seems to be triggering a minor puking sesh after I clean my teeth. Am 16+3, and this seems to be my new thing...

Obv, dental care is very important (always got a gold star at the dentists) and I can't not clean my teeth, but have no ideas!

Thanks for any help

A

bagelmonkey Mon 18-Jul-11 21:06:14

Have you looked at children's toothpastes? There used to be a bubblegum flavour and strawberry flavour toothpaste

overthemill Mon 18-Jul-11 21:08:19

kingfisher fennel is wonderful , buy online or from health food type stores.

Rootatoot Mon 18-Jul-11 21:30:32

I love Euthymol (think that's how you spell it). It's a non fluoride, VERY STRONG (be warned) toothpaste. Tastes a bit antiseptic but makes your mouth feel very clean without much of an aftertaste.

Rootatoot Mon 18-Jul-11 21:31:02

You can get it anywhere - supermarkets etc, btw.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Mon 18-Jul-11 23:19:41

How about Sensodyne? The non-minty ones don't have the strong taste of Euthymol etc.

Renaissance227 Tue 19-Jul-11 10:26:00

Are you sure it's the mint that is disagreeing with you? I have a minor puking session every time I've finished brushing my teeth!

mpops Tue 19-Jul-11 10:36:13

I had exactly the same problem at around the same time as you OP! I thought I was being really weird about it so I'm sort of glad to see it's not that uncommon. I substituted my normal toothpaste for the kiddies' one from Superdrug which has a strawberry flavour and that worked really well. I still use it sometimes when I can't face the taste of mint.

nunnie Tue 19-Jul-11 10:40:11

I had this never thought it could be the mint, I put it down to the foam triggering my gag reflex which I thought might have been heightened by pregnancy. I just spat more regularly so I didn't get an excessive build up and it worked for me.

But my DD uses strawberry toothpaste, and I think they do other flavours so might be worth looking in the childrens toothpaste section.

harassedandherbug Tue 19-Jul-11 11:53:02

I've been using kids toothpaste since getting my bfp, and I'm now 17 weeks.

Normal minty toothpaste makes me heave, it's horrid! So I'm using my dd's toothpaste.

spanky2 Tue 19-Jul-11 11:57:40

I still have an aversion to mint so this has been really helpful.

mummyzoe2012 Tue 19-Jul-11 12:13:03

Oral b in the white box is not that strong and its stopped me being sick after teeth brushing! X

harassedandherbug Thu 21-Jul-11 10:50:51

Tried normal toothpaste today.... still horrible.

Funnily enough though my mint aversion doesn't extend to the minty Aero bars on offer in my shop. Typical!

bagelmonkey Thu 21-Jul-11 20:23:43

That's because chocolate is good for the developing baby. The positive effects of chocolate are able to overcome the evil mint.

And minty aero tastes naff all like toothpaste, thankfully.

annekins Thu 21-Jul-11 21:20:47

Thanks everyone, I am now the proud owner of some very tasty Spiderman toothpaste, that even has little sparkly bits in it. Who'd have thought it could be so much fun!!

Mmm, minty aero..might be worth taking a risk and giving it a try, after all chocolate is good for me!

lightsandshapes Thu 21-Jul-11 21:28:30

try weleda toothpaste like their calendular one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now