Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Old hands - when was your nicest stage of pregnancy?

(16 Posts)
crazyhead Mon 18-Jul-11 20:06:48

Hello there - I am coming up for 24 weeks and have been EXHAUSTED for the last few days after a really perky, full-of-beans 8 weeks or so. Nothing really wrong with me at all, just back to first trimester tiredness (I'm wondering if my baby is having a growth spurt). I just wondered - when was the stage of pregnancy you felt the best and how long did it last? And did you have peaks and troughs?

(Obviously I'm hoping for a return to form - but maybe the easy bit is over)

msbuggywinkle Mon 18-Jul-11 20:09:19

About 7months. I feel properly pregnant at that point, I like feeling the big movements and I enjoy having a bump.

CatIsSleepy Mon 18-Jul-11 20:11:37

2nd trimester
had about a few weeks of feeling not too huge, and had got over my first trimester sickness and tiredness

then i got MASSIVE and knackered again

Badgerwife Mon 18-Jul-11 20:13:11

2nd trimester until 33 weeks, then it went swiftly downhill, purely because of the weight of the bump

crazyhead Mon 18-Jul-11 20:17:07

33 weeks and 7 months both sound cheeringly late, so I'm hoping for a rally now!...

Francagoestohollywood Mon 18-Jul-11 20:22:58

The 3rd trimester. The closer I got to giving birth, the better, more energetic and happier I felt.

MrsKarbonara Mon 18-Jul-11 20:25:27

Has anyone mentioned conception yet? Best bit.

<unhelpful>

kickingking Mon 18-Jul-11 20:27:44

Er, that'd be none of it.

No, seriously, I suppose 17-26 weeks was do-able. But really, it wasn't pleasant.

SybilBeddows Mon 18-Jul-11 20:30:03

the bit where the baby comes out and the whole ordeal is over.

blueeyedmonster Mon 18-Jul-11 20:38:15

The second trimester, i felt fab and loved feeling the kicks near the end and started to feel properly pregnant. I loved my bump!

Thornykate Mon 18-Jul-11 20:40:06

grin at MrsK!

From 20-32 weeks are ok for me but I do always feel so much better when it's all finished.

MummyAbroad Mon 18-Jul-11 20:43:46

grin @ MissKarbonara

Definitely experienced/experiencing peaks and troughs, (but with 3 hard months at the beginning and 3 hard weeks at the end)

Although I am in my 2nd trimester now and feeling "good" its definitely related to how much rest I get. If I overdo things it tends to make me feel sick and tired for the next few days, equally getting lots of sleep and sofa lounging time seems to buy me more energy/cheeriness. So take a load off and relax for an hour or two! (if you can)

RedHotPokers Mon 18-Jul-11 20:44:07

Loved 2nd trimester with DC1 - was desperate to look pregnant, rather than just fat wink! I also really loved my 2 weeks of pre-baby maternity leave - lots of crappy telly and random cleaning.

Didn't mind the 2nd trimester with DC2, but the rest was not so enjoyable(potty training DC1 during 3rd trimester, and felt sick all through 1st trimester).

With my 1st pregnancy - definitely with MrsK on conception followed by labour as I knew the hell that was the previous 9 months, would soon be over.

With this one I am OK at the moment (25 weeks) feeling mainly breathless (and the usual nausea and SPD that seems to mark my pregnancies hmm). I suspect I'll hit 7 months and go down hill again [pessimistic emoticon]. Can you tell I love being pregnant grin?

<wanders off muttering he's never coming near me again>

thefirstMrsDeVere Mon 18-Jul-11 20:55:46

2nd trimester. I redecorate the house and landscape the garden, clean the car, shampoo carpets, make bedding and put together furniture.

I am a mad woman and get everything done.

I quite like the last week too. I am totally, uttlerly mentalist but am sooooo focused and strong.

I MISS having babies sad

BubaMarra Tue 19-Jul-11 09:47:49

The whole second trimester so far. Up until week 9 I was sick every day and felt pretty much miserable. Then I spent next 3 weeks feeling better, but still queasy. As I hit 2nd trimester I just became unstoppable. The bump is big enough to look obviously pregnant, but still small enough not to be a burden in physical terms. Am 23w now, hope this feeling is here to stay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now