Talk

Advanced search

Excruciating pelvic pain....how to cope, any top tips?

(6 Posts)
JimmyChoo17 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:18:31

Hi all...am 40+2 and since baby's head engaged (early hours of Sunday) I've had excruciating pelvic pain and pressure.

It's pretty much constant. Worse when I have any contractions.

Moving when I have it doesn't help, can't lay down so sleep has been non existent (I'm dreading going into labour as I'll be so shattered through lack of sleep).
I had a sweep today so am hoping baby will be out sooner rather than later. Midwife just said normal painkillers but didn't seem to get how much pain I was in and as was running late seemed to just want to poke me and go!

I'm almost passing out when Going for a pee, pooing is like having a red hot poker shoved up there! I'm doubled up with pain when baby must be burrowing or any slight movement.

It's awful. The contractions were easier than this!

I never suffered during the whole pregnancy with SPD or indeed any pelvic discomfort.

Can anyone offer any advice on things to try? Bath helps but only when I'm in there. Tens machine not helped. Also does anyone know how this will affect birth? can I use stronger painkillers? Never thought to ask when I was in.
During birth, does an epidural remove this pain? For those that suffered similarly at the end, is your pelvis ok after birth?

Help! Am waving a White flag sad

JimmyChoo17 Mon 18-Jul-11 19:43:00

apple99 Mon 18-Jul-11 20:16:45

So sorry you are feeling like this. The only part of your question I can answer is yes an epidural will remove the pain as it numbs you from the waist down.

Hopefully it means that labour is imminent for you. If you are still in constant pain tomorrow I would call your midwife and ask for advice on stronger pain relief as if you are going into labour shortly you don't want to be exhausted beforehand.

I hope it eases off for you soon and good luck.

JimmyChoo17 Mon 18-Jul-11 21:20:38

Thanks apple my actual midwife has her phone off when on duty??! sad
My previous one used to leave voicemail on smile

Suppose it serves me right for being slightly smug that 3rd trimester was a breeze... The pain is shocking. I can only hope at birth will mask it! Good to hear if I opt for epidural this will help with pain but just reading that u can end up damaged as no feeling of pelvis anymore.

Why can't birth be easy!! (wishful thinking, I would ishe for over world peace right now lol!)

kiteflying Tue 19-Jul-11 06:56:36

If you have an epidural just make sure everyone involved in the birth knows that you have SPD symptoms and not to move your legs further than X, not to move them separately etc, because you are right the risk of permanent damage is there and real.
I got through a natural birth despite having had bad SPD for a couple of weeks beforehand, but no one told the people stitching up my tear and they had me in stirrups. Cue several more weeks of pain and physio after the birth - grrr.
See if just going into labour helps once the endorphins kick in before you rush for an epidural.

JimmyChoo17 Tue 19-Jul-11 14:53:21

Thanks kite I've put it on my yellow notes and will tell hubby too. I can't spread my legs now and moving about other than normal steps is painful sad Sleeping on floor as can get on and off our bed, it's high but not that high, just hurts to try it!

Have got some co-coda mol to take to ease pain trying lose dose first before taking standard. Have been told by another gp's gynae dr that hospital should induce me rather than leave me in this amount of pain which is different to what I was told by hospital yesterday I don't think they grasped at how much pain I was in...serves me right for trying to cover! I did explain to mw doing the sweep but don't think she took onboard especially having to drop my legs for sweep as much as I did! Mind u if I had that today I wouldn't have been able to get on the drs bed or drop legs! Can't keep on the co-cod so wishing this labour to start properly. Had o much show, lost plug, back ache etc. No contractions since early hours of Monday now.

come on baby!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now