Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oblique lie at 32 weeks - problem or not?

(5 Posts)
CBear6 Mon 18-Jul-11 16:31:06

I had a check-up a few days ago and apparently DD is laying with her head pointed towards my left hip and her bottom pointed at the righthand side of my rib cage. The MW who felt it didn't say too much about it (I was there for reduced movements) but she did record it in my notes and I've been reading about it. I know Dr Google is a pregnant woman's worst enemy so I don't why I did that!

Is oblique lie a problem at this stage or a problem at all? I'm back at the MW on 3rd August so it'll be checked again then.

apple99 Mon 18-Jul-11 17:07:20

No not a problem, the baby still has loads of time to move into position for birth. I wouldn't be worried at all at this stage. Even if it had been head down at your last apt, chances are it would have moved again pretty soon.

CBear6 Mon 18-Jul-11 17:09:16

Thanks apple99 smile

I've been spending some time bouncing on my birthing ball to try jiggle her along!

apple99 Mon 18-Jul-11 17:15:24

Just re-read my post, didn't mean to say 'it', sounds horrible, should have said 'baby'.

I'm on my ball as I type, baby has something stuck under my rib and I am hoping she will move soon!

OrangeGloss Mon 18-Jul-11 18:23:33

Mine has been in the same position all pregnancy, and I've been told there's time. I'm also doing the ball exercises, and have booked in to see an osteopth which I've heard is helpful getting baby to turn, 1st appointment on Saturday

Fingers crossed all round smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now