Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shopping! What have I forgotten?

(13 Posts)
Reality Mon 18-Jul-11 12:10:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Reality Mon 18-Jul-11 12:10:17

MissMI5 Mon 18-Jul-11 12:17:35

This may help
http://www.mothercare.com/b/629092031?ie=UTF8&title=ultimate%20shopping%20planner&pf_rd_r=1FFAEDKSFSD3ZJ4MXJJ2&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=42764041&pf_rd_p=468460953&pf_rd_s=global-top-7
Good luck x

YBR Mon 18-Jul-11 12:25:16

When you look at ANY list from a retailer, remember they have a vested interest! Use as a good starting point, but think for yourself!

I have seen much shorter lists of what is really essential including on several old threads here on MN.

Paschaelina Mon 18-Jul-11 12:27:45

sling

LaWeasel Mon 18-Jul-11 12:35:02

Maternity/feeding bras?

Oh, one of those molded seats to help with baby baths are handy (unless you're going to sink wash)

erm ...have you got a raincover/sunshade for your pushchair?

Can't think of anything else.

Reality Mon 18-Jul-11 12:37:28

LaWeasel Mon 18-Jul-11 12:39:39

Nope, I really don't think you've forgotten anything. It's probably just because it seems like so little compared to the crazy long lists!

How long have you got to go now?

ShowOfHands Mon 18-Jul-11 12:42:30

I went along the lines of something for it to wear, somewhere for it to sleep, modes of transportation, muslins and requisite pads for me. You actually need next to nothing for a newborn baby.

JenniL1977 Mon 18-Jul-11 12:43:04

Changing mat? Although if you're a CM you'll probably have one.
I'm nearly 36 weeks and I haven't bought anything else than you've got on your list but I'm a skinflint and won't buy anything I think unnecessary and there's always the 24 hour Asda round the corner if we think we're missing anything when she gets here smile

Reality Mon 18-Jul-11 12:47:06

MrBloomsNursery Mon 18-Jul-11 12:48:32

Blankets?

Fresh01 Mon 18-Jul-11 13:39:19

A rocker seat/bouncer seat type thing, there are many different styles depending on what you want but somewhere to put the baby awake or asleep for a bit is great. We have a rocker seat that reclines which has had huge use as 2 of mine have had jaundice so have had to sleep near a window by day for the first couple of weeks to break it down.

A packet of sweets (Fruit Pastils now my post-baby favourite!) and a magazine, for hospital. I have had 3 and learned that especially if breast feeding you can get very very hungry in hospital and it can be a long wait between meals. The magazine is because after giving birth if find the hormones have me wide awake and whilst DS was sleeping in my arms it was a good distraction till I wound down enough to crash out till he next needed fed : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now