Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else had/having period style pains? Is this normal BH?

(3 Posts)
Pudding2be Mon 18-Jul-11 11:31:27

I'm 34 weeks with my first and I've been having period pains since last night. They're not painful (I usually have v painful periods) just enough for me to notice. They seem to come and go, and I have got lower backache.

I took two paracetamol last night and slept through them fine, but they have come back this morning. I'm going to go and have a warm bath (I had something similar a couple of weeks ago, and when I rang the mat unit she said to take paracetamol and have a bath).

Is this just normal BH type pains?

BTW baby is moving around just fine grin so I'm not worried

whizzyrocket Mon 18-Jul-11 11:33:50

I've only had that sort of pain when babe has been lying in an awkward position. I do get a feeling like a stitch though in my stomach muscles as they're having to stretch.

JenniL1977 Mon 18-Jul-11 12:58:18

Hey Pudding, I'm 35+5 and have been having the same since about 33wks. Just little period-type pains maybe twice a day - not severe or anything - then proper BH 3 times a day (8am, 12.30pm, 8pm) where my tummy's really tightening up round the baby; they're getting a bit uncomfortable recently and quite pins-and-needly, iyswim.
This is my first too, so not sure about the normality; am just hoping it means she's coming at 37 weeks and not making me wait to 42 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now