Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling really nervous about 20 weeks scan tomorrow

(4 Posts)
happytree Sun 17-Jul-11 22:33:03

DC no2 and feeling sick with nerves. I haven't felt much movement at all, just a few flutterings over the last 2 weeks so I'm preparing myself to be told I have an anterior placenta. Does any one know if it's possible to have a c section if I do have an anterior p?
DS was born by emergency c section 16 days late after induction and I've been given choice as to VBAC or elective c section. I want a VBAC but am terrified of things going wrong again.

KatyCustard Mon 18-Jul-11 05:57:12

Hello, I've been awake since 2.30 and have just made loaf of bread as I can't sleep with nerves - it's my 20 week scan today too! (Although I am actually 21 weeks). I'm really sorry I can't answer your questions as I have no experience of that at all. Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat r.e. nerves though. I found a leaflet from the hospital explaining the anomaly scan and all the different things they look for which freaked me out a bit. I didn't worry half so much with DD!
Mine's at 4.10pm, when is yours?

PoppysMom Tue 19-Jul-11 09:07:54

How did your scans go?

nunnie Tue 19-Jul-11 09:23:51

Hope your scans went okay.
My DS was born via an EMCS and with an anterior placenta.

I currently have a low lying anterior placenta which if it remains low lying then I will require another section, so I don't think the anterior position will affect you having one.

I have had three children and the anomolly scan has always filled me with dread, think it is normal to have nerves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now