Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

People commiserate me because it's a boy!

(9 Posts)
ChocFudgeCake Sun 17-Jul-11 22:22:51

So I'm having the 3rd boy, I have 1 girl, and people are telling me "Ah, never mind, as long as it's healthy". I'm getting tired of telling them it's not never mind, I'm happy!! It's a blessing whatever the sex.
Where can I get a badge that says: "It's a boy and I'm happy"?

CBear6 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:24:35

Sadly they don't make those badges but I find that a sunny grin and a cheery "fuck the fuck off" works wonders on these people grin

CBear6 Sun 17-Jul-11 22:26:29

Congratulations by the way. I have a wonderful DS sleeping upstairs and an equally wonderful DD brewing away, any child is amazing whether they're a boy or a girl.

LittlePushka Sun 17-Jul-11 22:42:16

CBear6, I think you should compromise - make a badge with your slogan on! You'd make a mint!!! Please send me one as SOON as possible.

I had my children late in life, I have two boys and someone actually said to me "Aww, out of time for girl". Well, perhaps, but still bags of time for your to go on a diplomacy course, you pillock...

Congratulations too chocfudgecake - smile

PamBeesly Sun 17-Jul-11 22:42:23

What, thats so rude and annoying, little boys are the best, so loving and affectionate, girls are great too, sheesh talk about a bunch of busybodies. Congratulations!

ChocFudgeCake Sun 17-Jul-11 22:54:20

Thanks smile
I just found a website, designed my badge and ordered it!!
Hahaha I'm having fun just to think of people's facesgrin
DH will think I'm mad to wear it.

KatyCustard Mon 18-Jul-11 06:30:57

How rude! (The people, not the badge!) I had friends in this situation. Their family was girl, boy, boy, and then when boy 3 came along they were continually comiserated! So she got in the habit of saying to people she hadn't already seen or told "He's a boy and we're REALLY PLEASED!" Before anyone could get a word in edgeways!

And congratulations!

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 18-Jul-11 06:31:59

Oh just lie and tell them it's going to be a surprise. Surely they won't commiserate after the birth.

otchayaniye Mon 18-Jul-11 07:26:33

Congratulations! I have girls (one born, one soon to be born) but boys are great too. Humans are just wonderful all round!

Personally (even though I've not had a child with a disability or special needs I know about yet) I hate the 'as long as it's healthy' tag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now