Talk

Advanced search

26 weeks and ds2 could have hand foot and mouth- should I worry?

(4 Posts)
lollystix Sun 17-Jul-11 21:49:58

think ds2 has hand foot and mouth. Internet says if you're pregnant the risks are possible miscarriage and if in third trimester you could pass it on to your baby. Should I be worried? I'm showing no signs (yet) but I suppose it's another thing to worry about. Anyone's toddler had this whilst they were pregnant?

Malvapoeding Sun 17-Jul-11 21:51:54

Ring your MW and she should organise a blood test to see if you are immune and advise you accordingly.

littlebrighteyes Sun 17-Jul-11 22:18:26

yes my nearly one year old daughter had this about 2 months ago-im now 34 weeks pregnant......i too got all worked up about it......asked the midwife-she said they say to avoid it but obviously-that u cant when its your own children and not worry but just look out for signs of u gretting it-i actually didnt-was handwashing like mad .......my little one was in agnoy with it and it lasted a good while too-then my older son started up with it...............

lollystix Mon 18-Jul-11 08:29:49

Yes I'm worried ds3 is going to get it too. Ds1 already had it so assuming he won't get it again. I've been madly handwashing since I googled it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now