Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breathless?

(8 Posts)
cupofteaplease Sun 17-Jul-11 21:11:03

Hi,
I am 27 weeks and suddenly very breathless. Even sitting down leaves me wanting to take a large lung full of air, but not quite managing to!
Is this just low iron? I've been anaemic in my previous pregnancies but never felt breathless.
Should I see doc or just wait until I see MW for bloods next week?
Thanks smile

Oeisha Sun 17-Jul-11 21:16:19

I'd be contacting my MW/Doc or even going to A&E. Whilst there's probably nothing wrong, this is a sudden thing and should be looked at.

Lynzilove Sun 17-Jul-11 21:27:04

I found this, it was literally down to baby and bump being up against lungs. Used to be worse when sitting down. Midwife noted it but wasn't worried at all.

cupofteaplease Sun 17-Jul-11 21:49:12

Two very different responses! Thank you both. smile

I'll see how I feel in the morning. I think I've got another UTI on the way (already had antibiotics for one this pregnancy), so I may need to take a trip to the gp/nurse sooner than my midwife appointment anyway!

mpops Mon 18-Jul-11 10:43:01

I've had exactly the same problem for about 3 weeks and I'm nearly 29 weeks now. It seems to be the pressure of your uterus on our lungs as everything is pushing and expanding rapidly at the moment. All my blood/urine/bp tests are fine but you should be due your tests soon, anyway, so you'll find out if there's anything wrong. It's a bummer, isn't it?

Renaissance227 Mon 18-Jul-11 10:43:31

I keep getting this problem and am 26 weeks. Sometimes feel like a wheezy old man or really unfit fat woman!!!
How are you feeling today?

cupofteaplease Tue 19-Jul-11 19:15:46

Yes it is a pain mpops!

I was feeling fine yesterday Renaissance, but this evening I am breathless again. It's a bit scary in a way as it seems to come on suddenly and then quickly I am struggling to catch my breath. Sorry, I'm moaning blush

ShowOfHands Tue 19-Jul-11 19:20:34

Don't apologise. I always found it harder in an evening as I was tired and the baby was more active, pressing upwards most of the time. It was for me just mild anaemia and the pressure of my uterus on my lungs. But I could be okay all day but then by 6/7pm feel like I'd run a race.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now