Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 week blood test, need to see GP worried?!

(7 Posts)
dribbleface Sun 17-Jul-11 20:32:14

Had 28 week bloods done Wed afternoon, then fri got letter from GP asking me to go in (didn't get letter till evening as out at work). In my logical mind i'm guessing it's iron or platelets (had low platelets last time round) but worrying a bit as the results came in so quick? (must have sent letter thursday from gp, bloods done at hospital)

Any thoughts?

howabout Sun 17-Jul-11 20:34:52

Don't panic yet. I had recommendation from hospital within 2 days to collect iron tablets from GP after 28 week bloods

ShowOfHands Sun 17-Jul-11 20:35:16

I'd put my last gingerbread man on it being iron. Comes back straightaway now. I had a blood test in the afternoon and the results were in the next morning by 9am. And yes, I was anaemic and they said the iron test is so quick they send it back immediately.

dribbleface Sun 17-Jul-11 20:36:00

thanks howabout, i wouldn't be suprised if it was iron, been shattered and bit breathless, jst the speed un-nerved me. Results normally take a week!

dribbleface Sun 17-Jul-11 20:37:02

cross post showofhands, i'm sure your right. hmmmm gingerbread men, now i want one of those!

BertieBasset Sun 17-Jul-11 20:38:54

If it was really urgent you would have had a phone call I would think? Agree prob iron

dribbleface Mon 18-Jul-11 16:40:32

just back from doctors. it's low platelet's again. gotta be rechecked in 3 weeks. not worried as had this last time. thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now