Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramp every morning!!

(7 Posts)
steph01 Sat 16-Jul-11 21:07:43

23 weeks +5 get cramp in my lower leg nearly every morning. also wake up early quite uncomfortable and hard to get back to sleep again. anyone else?

pregnantmimi Sat 16-Jul-11 21:10:32

I got cramp in my left lower leg I get it after washing hair over the bath but only since pregnant I was just moaning to my um about it going to have a bath see if that helps. Think bananas good for crampxx

MotherPanda Sun 17-Jul-11 11:59:22

Drink a glass of tonic water (don't get the diet stuff) before going to bed each night - the gp told me to do this and it really helped - i used to get cramp 5 times a night, and now i only get it once or twice a week.

Do speak to your midwife/gp about it - because they can do a blood test to check if you are low (or high) on magnesium, potassium or calcium - because these can all be culprits. Salt is another one to watch, if you are having too much or too little.

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and pregnantmimis idea of baths is good too, before bed - or first thing in the morning if you are still achey.

Hope it gets better for you!

GemmaReeto Sun 17-Jul-11 15:32:26

I get cramp in my lower leg in the morning if I try to have a stretch....i love a good stretch in the morning before I get up so a bit annoying!

I also wake up quite early at the moment and feel very achy on the side I have been lying on, like around my hip area. When I walk around during the day it feels a bit like when you've over done it at the gym and your muscles feel tight. Im 23 weeks and have felt like this for the past couple of weeks now.

I have to be in work early most days so dont have time but If Im on a late shift I try to have a bath in the morning.

I think I will ask my MW about it as suggested above, thanks smile

MotherPanda Sun 17-Jul-11 15:35:30

GemmaReeto - your hip pain could be the beginnings of SPD - so do chat to your midwife about it smile

Kathygirl Sun 17-Jul-11 17:44:41

I feel you!!!! hope you feel better!

steph01 Sun 24-Jul-11 09:32:04

told midwife about cramp she says its all part of being pregnant, joy!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now