Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Peanut butter...

(9 Posts)
MrsRV Sat 16-Jul-11 10:31:34

... Can I have this or do I need to add it to the massive list of things that I can't? :-( I feel like I NEED it.

Of course you can. The advice to avoid nuts has been withdrawn as far as I know.

aStarInStrangeways Sat 16-Jul-11 10:33:58

I would have bitten anyone who tried to take away my peanut butter during pregnancy. DS loves the stuff now. I've eaten it all the way through this pregnancy too and don't anticipate any problems.

Enjoy smile

CBear6 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:34:49

The advice used to be to avoid peanuts and peanut products due to the risk of the babydeveloping allergies but the most recent information from the Food Standards Agency is that it's fine to eat peanuts/peanut products as research is inconclusive. I'd say if there are allergies in the immediate family then avoid it but if not then enjoy smile I've been keeping Sunpat in business lately!

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 16-Jul-11 10:35:12

Unless anyone in the immediate family has a nut allergy then eat away!

Yama Sat 16-Jul-11 10:37:04

Yes, I couldn't when pregnant 6 years ago but could a year ago. It was more actual peanuts that I loved.

MrsRV Sat 16-Jul-11 11:35:43

Thanks ladies... following your advice I've just gone for spoon and jar. No messin'.grin

xkatyx Sat 16-Jul-11 12:05:33

Oh I would love some peanut butter dh is allergic so I guess thats me out sad

lolajane2009 Sat 16-Jul-11 13:18:00

there are very few things you cant have tbh.... i have peanut butter a lot and am 31 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now