Talk

Advanced search

oh my god im only 7 weeks and my old stretch marks are darkening whats going on!

(5 Posts)
Poweredbypepsi Sat 16-Jul-11 09:18:01

I am 7.5 weeks with baby number 5. I know I am that far along because there is no physical way i could be further grin plus I had a very early sacn at 5 weeks 4 days which sowed a sac about that far along.

I have put on about 2 pounds already mainly because i have eaten more to stop the constant nausea but yesterday I noticed that one of the (sadly many) previous stretch marks on my lower stomach was starting to get angrier looking as it does during pregnancy. 2 pounds surely isnt enough to cause a significant size difference on my tummy. I am getting ever so panicky because last time I looked like I had been mauled by a tiger by the time I got to 38 weeks and they didnt start to show until well after 12 weeks.

Is my stomach going to just dissappear under the sheer number of stretch marks this time. Isnt my baby only a mm or something how is this happening!

and breathe....

BitsyVonMuffling Sat 16-Jul-11 09:20:30

Could it just be irritated by your clothes? I am covered in deep stretchmarks from my first pregnancy. My second baby was over 7 cms taller and a pound heavier and I got no new ones, so I think the ones you have will probably just go a bit purple when the skin is stretched again, but they WILL fade and I very much doubt you'll get new ones. I think in my case there's literally nowhere for new ones to go blush

Saffra Sat 16-Jul-11 09:29:55

Not stretchmarks, but I have had odd darkening of skin in my armpits and on an old naval piercing I had. The armpits look particularly strange.... feel a bit self-conscious wearing sleeveless tops, but hey ho.

Do you think it's anything similar? i.e. darking of pigmentation on old scars or certain body areas?

Poweredbypepsi Sat 16-Jul-11 10:32:38

It could be my clothes rubbing it would be where some of my trousers roughly sit. I haven't noticed and other areas of skin changing but you never know could be that too! God i hope it's one of those i find stretch marks do itchy and uncomfortable i dont want them for the entire pregnancy!

marthamay Sat 16-Jul-11 19:31:11

I get a lot darker in patches almost immediately when I'm pregnant - nipples, freckles, scars, armpits (isn't that weird?!) so it could just be your pigmentation deepening with hormones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now