Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No stretch marks yet - this time

(8 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Fri 15-Jul-11 22:53:00

26 weeks in to second pregnancy and pretty big already, but no stretch marks yet. Is this because my tummy is well stretched from last time or will they crop up again a bit later? I did get some mean ones last time!

JimmyChoo17 Fri 15-Jul-11 23:21:36

Can't answer q about being a 2nd timer....but if u got them last time...surely u still have those ones? I only ask as I'm on my first and at week 33 they all appeared over night and dreading what will look like when I deflate (due date tomorrow so soon hopefully)

sad I miss my blemish free belly

Ivortheengine8 Sat 16-Jul-11 08:39:31

Thats true jimmy. I guess they are still there really. they tend to turn whitish after so not as easy to see. They do fade though afterwards don't worry. smile

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Sat 16-Jul-11 08:51:44

Didn't get any extra ones until 34 weeks, above the level of the last lot - I just assumed I'd passed where I'd stretched to last time (which probably means this one's going to be bigger sad )

JimmyChoo17 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:25:42

Oh good so there is light at the end of the tunnel!! I have mine from belly button downwards am scared ones above will appear shortly as expanding by the day! Am 40 weeks today wool hoo!

Hope u don't get any more but like u say at least u know they will calm down and virtually disappear smile

saoirse86 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:59:48

JimmyChoo17 my sister had tons of stretchmarks, all the way from her belly button down and a few above, and on her thighs. But now her DD's 10 months they're not that bad. You can see if you're looking but they're not really that noticeable TBH. I think they seem more obvious when you're looking at your own stretchmarks IYSWIM.

pregnantmimi Sat 16-Jul-11 22:11:24

if you already got then they can strech a bit more sometimes or go little bit red but thats all xx

Ivortheengine8 Sat 16-Jul-11 22:13:53

Thanks ladies, I didnt stretch above the belly button last time jimmy, just below but I was 3 days early. This time I also have more fat on top I think as I never really lost the baby weight from dc1 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now