Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy legs!!!! AAAAAAHHH!

(8 Posts)
hannahkj19 Fri 15-Jul-11 21:50:08

my legs are driving me crazy! they are so so so so itchy! i have completely scratched them to bits and so now they are itchy and sore! it's stopping me from getting comfy and sleeping! is it the baby or something else? if it's the baby is there anything i can do for it and is it gonna stop anytime soon?! please help!!!! thank you xxx

Madlizzy Fri 15-Jul-11 21:55:29

how far on are you? Itchy limbs can sometimes indicate choleastis (sp), a liver condition, later on in pregnancy. It's worth getting checked.

WaspsAnkles Fri 15-Jul-11 21:57:21

I had something similar which turned out to be an allergic reaction to the iron supplement I was taking. Has gotten better since but am still itching from time to time.

Itching can be a sign of other things though including liver issues which can be bad for you and baby so probably worth checking out.

I found rubbing with a wet warm cloth quite soozing when the itching wouldn't let me get any sleep. Am feeling for you though, it's very nasty and drove me absolutely mad.

MerryMarigold Fri 15-Jul-11 21:59:02

I had this -legs and all over tummy. It was torment. I was pregnant with twins. They did all the tests for liver, but it wasn't that. I'd still suggest you get tested though as it is serious. If it isn't then it's just calamine, and I had a tube of mild steroid cream, but tried not to use much. You have brought back memories of me sitting MN-ing at 2am with bags of frozen peas on my legs! (That was the best remedy). It did go after the birth, although I got another rash, but was a different one.

HPonEverything Fri 15-Jul-11 22:00:31

Hi, I had very very itchy legs for about the first 12 weeks, it was horrendous and my legs were a mess (but fortunately it was still winter at that point). I stopped taking the pill years ago in some part because it made my legs so itchy so I think it must be a hormonal thing but I'm no doctor.

I'm now 28 weeks and they've been fine for a while - whether that's due to stage of pregnancy or the fact they're now getting a bit of sun I have no idea.

I used that Garnier Aloe Vera body moisturiser stuff (comes in a green bottle, quite new) and just slathered it on, it did help a bit.

Hope it gets better!

WorrisomeHeart Fri 15-Jul-11 22:02:33

Definitely worth a trip to the doctors to be checked for cholestasis but it may just be your skin is a little more sensitive at the moment. I had this when I was about 35 weeks with DS, it was awful. Try baths with Oilatum or other dry skin/itch emollients. And calamine helps too.

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 15-Jul-11 22:02:51

As others have said, get yourself checked out to make sure you don't have OC.

I had the itchy leg thing. It was awful so you have my sympathy sad. Someone recommended menthol leg lotion and it was fantastic. Its Clarins leg lotion in the blue packet. It was the only thing that worked and it was a good excuse to get a leg massage every night smile

ScarletOHaHa Fri 15-Jul-11 22:09:19

had tormenting itchy legs that were relived by aqueous cream. Do check it out with midwife/doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now