Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Full Moon Tonight...Labour?

(12 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Thu 14-Jul-11 22:18:34

anyone believe in this? or went into labour on a full moon? Im 39+5 with dc4 would be rather nice in time for the weekend grin

OhHelpOhNo Thu 14-Jul-11 22:26:22

Both of mine born on full moons at 38+4 and 39+2, v unscientific sample of two!

Put your feet up and relax, it will happen soon, good luck!

ohbabybaby Thu 14-Jul-11 22:27:42

I went into labour on a full moon, and my sister did too 4 weeks later smile

2nd time round I'm not sure what the moon was doing (presumably not full as 5 1/2 weeks ago grin), but when discussing with the midwife whether some times are busier than others she said they get a lot of waters breaking when there is a full moon.

Good luck - how exciting, you get to meet your new DC soon (well within the next 2 weeks at least!)

Beccabop Thu 14-Jul-11 23:43:34

Wow, didnt know about the full moon thing, hope I do then!! grin

EveryonesJealousOfWeasleys Thu 14-Jul-11 23:52:34

Dunno but the nutters are out in force across the road and treating us to some lovely rave music!

Labour wards are always chocka on full moon nights or so my midwife said!

Good luck

JimmyChoo17 Fri 15-Jul-11 00:21:50

Lol nic you having a wolf baby? Hoooowwwwwlll! smile

Check for any numbers on the back of baby's head and consider Damien as a name grin

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 07:42:15

well im still here grin!! due date tomorrow, im thinking early-mid next week now.

squiggleywiggler Fri 15-Jul-11 07:48:55

The full moon's actually tonight! Good luck.

nicolamumof3 Fri 15-Jul-11 08:02:56

ooh is it!! lol grin

firsttimer84 Fri 15-Jul-11 08:08:55

My friend's a midwife and she says they have to put on extra staff on a full moon as they have so many ladies going into labour. I thought there may've been one last week with 3 celebs giving birth in the same 2 days.

chaosisawayoflife Fri 15-Jul-11 08:30:53

I'm hoping and praying that the full moon does its job for me again this time. It did withholding dd, waters went at 39+6 on the full moon. I'm now 40+5 and feeling very impatient! Seeing midwife this afternoon and hoping she'll do a sweep to increase my chances.

nicolamumof3 Sat 16-Jul-11 08:27:00

im still here!! Due Date today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now