Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 wks fully engaged

(5 Posts)
oinkyoink Thu 14-Jul-11 18:10:50

Hi
Baby is fully engaged and mw said she doubts I will get to my due date. Dc1 was born at 37 wks and this Is my second. Has anyone had similar? Where they went early twice?
Thanks

Jojay Thu 14-Jul-11 18:12:42

Not sure but I'm expecting twins, and one twin has been engaged for weeks now, yet no sign of labour.

It's my third pregnancy.

SugarLemons Thu 14-Jul-11 18:13:46

37 weeks is classed as term, so not early as such. I wouldn't be too worried about baby being engaged at this point. Your muscles have already stretched and baby can just as easily unengage itself before term. Multips (already had one baby) can engage earlier, or not until they go into labour. If midwife was really worried she'd have sent you into hospital. Try not too worry.

oinkyoink Thu 14-Jul-11 18:39:44

Ok thanks. Would like to get to 38 wks if poss to give baby chance to gain a little fat etc. !!! Fingers crossed.

Lynzilove Thu 14-Jul-11 19:02:06

My sister was fully engaged at about that and she went 6 days overdue! Was her first though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now