Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else had two c-sections close together?

(7 Posts)
mrsaligee Thu 14-Jul-11 13:13:44

Hi
I'm currently 27 weeks with my second and had an emergency c-section with my first as she was an undiagnosed breech. They think I'm an ideal VBAC candidate but I think I might opt for a c-section. My daughter/scar are 16 months old and I'm just wondering if there are other ladies out there who have had c-sections as close together as this?

AnytimeNOW Thu 14-Jul-11 14:22:20

Hi, I found out I was pregnant again when my daughter was just 6 months old, first labour was emcs due to lack of progress, and really wanted to vbac with the second.
Consultant agreed to let me try but booked section for 10 days after due date...went into slow labour after 8 days o/d and didn't progress again, so ended up with another emcs.

The second pregnancy was fine, and the recovery was also ok...just a bit hard looking after a 16 month old and a new baby!!...

I am currently 38 weeks and having a section 5 days before my due date, as vbac isn't and option for me after the last 2 and my history.

I would say if like me you feel very strongly about trying for vbac and your emcs was due to breech then go for it! just be aware that you could possibly end up with another section.

The very best of luck and congratulations on the pregnancysmile.

feckwit Thu 14-Jul-11 14:24:40

My first 2 sections were 15 months apart and it was fine. I never actually wanted any sections, wanted natural, but none of mine have been traumatic (had 4 now).

nunnie Thu 14-Jul-11 14:50:38

I am currently 30 weeks and opting for VBAC there will be just over 11 months between this and my EMCS (due to brow presentation), the reasons I chose VBAC is because I have had a VB before and I progress well. I believe the risks are attached to VBAC with small gaps not with sections. However the recovery may be hindered by having 2 small ones.

It was a difficult choice for me to make if I am honest but due to my history and reasons for EMCS it swayed it slightly in favour of VBAC.

Can't help with the 2 sections close together but hopefully someone will come along and help soon.

lovesicecream Thu 14-Jul-11 16:21:25

Depending on if I go into labour early again there will be between 9 and 11 months between my sections, the consultant has said this won't be a problem

mrsaligee Tue 26-Jul-11 13:16:51

Thanks all, I really don't know which way to go at the moment, obviously VBAC is a good option for me as I did get to 10 cms dilated, she was just breech. However I worry about the risk of rupture and at 29 weeks feel like my scar is hurting now with baby pressing down on it. I keep thinking that at least with elective CS they'll do it at 39 weeks and I won't potentially have to go over the due date (DD was a week late).

Think I'll talk to my midwife tomorrow about it although I'm aware she'll be pro-VBAC.

For you ladies who've done both before, did you find that after a natural birth things weren't as toned as they once were down there and that it led to a lack of enjoyment of s*x?

BalloonSlayer Tue 26-Jul-11 13:34:46

My first 2 sections were 17.5 months apart. I was told that everything is all healed after 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now