Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

30w pg with id twins and really struggling

(10 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Wed 13-Jul-11 22:26:22

I'm exhausted. I will feel fab and then I hit a wall at about 3.30pm and can barely keep my eyes open. I feel so guilty for dd1 (3.5) who is being very patient with me but I should be playing with her.

My bump is rock hard with the babies, I have terrible heart burn and my feet are agony and swollen - the thought of this for 7 more weeks makes me cry.

I know I shouldn't complain as my bp is low and babies are healthy and doing well, I don't have gd or pre-eclampsia so it could be lots worse but I still, after 2 weeks of finally feeling well, feel terrible again. Iron levels were fine last week to so it's just me being rubbish. Can anyone cheer me up?

Jojay Wed 13-Jul-11 22:37:16

Have you finished work yet? I finished around that time - at 31 wks, and it made a huge difference, even though I only did 3 days a week.

Are you taking Gaviscon for the heartburn? I haven't suffered from it, but I know people who were swigging gallons of it.

I'm part of a Facebook group, we're all expecting twins in July /August. I've found it a great help to talk to people who are going through the same thing - as you and I know, having twins is a whole different ballgame!

If you're on FB and you'd like to join, pm me smile

mopsytop Wed 13-Jul-11 22:37:41

Hi Princess, please don't feel guilty about not playing with dd1. Being pregnant with twins is hard work! It's only for a few more weeks now. I don't know how much 3 year olds understand, but if she knows about the new babies and you explain that it makes you tired, would that make you feel better? Sorry if I am not being very helpful! I would just try and get through each day as best you can and not beat yourself up about things you can't do. Your body is working so hard supporting two babies, no wonder you are tired. You should give yourself a pat on the back instead of feeling guilty!

PrincessScrumpy Wed 13-Jul-11 22:44:10

I finish work next Thursday but then I'll have dd1 all day. She's so lovely and I just wanted to cry when she said "mummy, you're always tired!"

We're going away for a week with the inlaws Saturday after next and dh plans to stay and look after me while they take dd on day trips etc. I'm hoping that will help.

MrsStevo Thu 14-Jul-11 07:57:54

Bless you princess, I sympathise!! I'm now 34 weeks with ID twins and am pooped - mostly because I don't sleep for more than 4 hours at a time. Ugh. I finished work at just after 27 weeks (I had 6 weeks leave to take) so have actually only just started proper maternity leave. I don't know how you've managed to keep working until now!!! I don't have other children so can't advise on how to manage another small person but I really hope it gets easier for you once you finish work and that you have a lovely holiday!

silverangel Thu 14-Jul-11 08:34:57

Hi Princess, sorry you're feeling rubbish! I'm 29 weeks tomorrow with IDs and have said so many times I don't know how I'd do it if I had a toddler to look after. Giving up work is definitely the way forward - I have saved up four weeks leave which starts tomorrow although I haven't been in for the last three weeks because of a dodgy back. I can't even walk my dog. Since I've been off I've been having granny naps once a day as well. Don't feel bad about being tired - growing two is hard work!

xkatyx Thu 14-Jul-11 09:53:14

Oh no I have this all to come I'm 14 weeks with ID twins.

I already have the startings of SPD this is my 4th pregnancy I think my body has had it!!!

Oh I think I will just go to bed for next few months sad

Hope you all start to feel better soon ladies not long hopefully it will go quick

X

deo357 Thu 14-Jul-11 10:16:25

princess - big sympathy

remember that this will be such a small part of dd's life she will forget it all. have a nice sugary snack @ 3.30 to perk u up. i always dip that time of day too. food helps !!!

candr Thu 14-Jul-11 17:26:00

Not many days in the classroom left Princess. Can you plan some easy, non stressful activites for kids?, will get mine to strip boards and sort out all the trays, toys etc so I can stay sat down. When on mat leave have some nice chilled activites to spend quality time with DD that you can cope with. Waterpainting on paving slabs (no clean up required), long sheets of paper that you can draw on / decorate with a theme like under the sea. Invite friends oto meet you at the park so their kids can help DD burn off energy or take frisbee etc, you throw while sat down in the shade and time her to get it. Hope this helps, feeling for you especially with the heat. Not long to go though now x

PrincessScrumpy Thu 14-Jul-11 21:37:56

I work in a secondary so not many toys. I am dealing with lots of parents who don't support school rules or see truancy as an issue - it's so tiring and frustrating!

Thanks for the support - I thought I was being a wimp. After Monday work will be easier so not long now.

Consultant today told me to nap each afternoon - hmmmm my 3-year-old may not agree!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now