Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bugaboo Bee

(9 Posts)
meravigliosa Wed 13-Jul-11 17:29:45

I still have some equipment left from older children (bought 9+ years ago), namely a Mamas and Papas chassis, carrycot and car seat (threw out the buggy seat).

If I can get the cash together I'd like something a bit more compact for this baby. I'd also like to get a car seat that can be used with the isofix in the car (didn't have that option with previous cars). Had a look in JL and the Bee is compatible with some of the car seats that can be used with isofix.

Anyone have experience of the Bee?

mrsrvc Wed 13-Jul-11 19:04:48

I love mine. Easy to use, lightweight and compact. The car seat can be clipped on without having to remove the seat as you do with a lot of other makes. Brakes are a bit dodgy on mine, but that is an issue that was solved with the most recent upgrade of the design ( mine is a couple of years old).
All my nct lot are now trading in their chameleons etc for something smaller, where as we will happily stick with ours and add a buggy board if all goes smoothly with this bump!

Katiebeau Wed 13-Jul-11 19:31:31

I love my Bee, it's the original but the Bee+ everyone seems happy too.

LaWeasleyAintWeaselyAnymore Wed 13-Jul-11 19:33:42

I really like them (though I haven't got one!)

I can't think of anyone who doesn't like theirs.

Though I prefered the original to the plus. (Can't actually remember precisely why now)

meravigliosa Thu 14-Jul-11 09:22:30

Thanks for the replies, may well go for it.

XOffender Thu 14-Jul-11 09:24:55

Yep, love it. It's pretty much the perfect option IMO. smile I have the original too.

ButterflySally Thu 14-Jul-11 09:47:32

I looked at getting the Bugaboo Bee (had my heart set on getting it) but ended up with the Mamas and Papas Urbo. Similar, light-weight type of urban pram and is compatible with some car seats. We haven't used it yet so I don't know what it's like to use on a day-to-day basis... but, for us, it seemed the better option, so it may be worth checking it out.

LDNmummy Thu 14-Jul-11 10:00:11

I have a Bee sitting downstairs untouched In Its box for when our LO get's here. I did months of research from as soon as I found out I was pregnant and it is defnitely a good purchase IMO.

I resisted it for ages because almost everyone round here has one (bit of a statement buggy) but it is also very practical and compact.

Zimbah Thu 14-Jul-11 10:05:31

I really like my original Bee, but I've never managed to clip the car seat onto it with the seat still on, both me and DH tried and found it impossible, not sure if we're doing something wrong! It's a shame as it would make life easier if I could.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now