Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do I pack for a c-section?

(5 Posts)
hubbahubster Wed 13-Jul-11 08:52:46

Due to low placenta I'm scheduled to have a c-section next Tuesday and I'm a bit shell-shocked! I know I'll be in hospital for a few days so what should I pack for baby and me? Any pointers gratefully received!

Renaissance227 Wed 13-Jul-11 11:23:24

You should have been given a list by your midwife, if you haven't then ask for one.
Good luck with everything! smile

Squiglettsmummy2bx Wed 13-Jul-11 11:45:50

Make sure you have big comfy knickers that will not press on the scar & 1 of those v pillows can be handy for resting baby on. Other than that I think it is just the usual stuff, just a bit extra due to the longer stay. My DD was emcs & DS was elcs bump is due in feb & will be another c-section.
1 piece of advice a midwife gave me afterwards was to stand up straight & never hunch over as it would help & I really found it did.
Good luck xxx

mumblebum Wed 13-Jul-11 11:47:45

Much the same as otherwise, just you'll be in a little bit longer so more! Take a bin bag or two to send home dirty washing. Biiiiiiig knickers that come well up over the wound and don't rub, not paper ones.

Meglet Wed 13-Jul-11 11:53:42

Primark do very high waisted stomach control pants that should sit well above your wound / scar. Stick to manterity leggings / jeans until it heals.

I had some of the mesh hospital pants which looked like fishnet hotpants, they are dead comfy though.

Herb teas / soups you can sip on afterwards. IME it can take your stomach a while to get back to normal after a cs so go easy on food until it's all working properly. They will probably give you a morphine suppository after the op and it tends to bung everything up, add to that you will be in bed and not able to dash about and your bowels will probably slow down a bit.

A sarong is handy too as you can tie it well above your waist.

Try and get a private room too.

Flip-flops so you don't have to bend down to put shoes on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now