Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hoping this isn't the end :(

(20 Posts)
DiamanteMaddy Wed 13-Jul-11 06:43:22

Hi

9+3 with my first and woke up yesterday went for my usual desperate unable to hold it in anymore morning wake up call wee and there was alot of bright red blood. After bursting into tears and running up and down doing the 'what do I do what do I do' I woke up my MIL (who we live with) as OH was at work. By the time we got to A&E the bleeding had pretty much stopped but they got me in and took my bloods and HR etc and said they would transfer me to gynae but they wouldnt accept me until my HR went down as I was 111bpm. Once I'd calmed down and got up there they did an internal and said that everything looks ok and that the neck of my womb is closed but they have booked me in for a scan at 9am today. So nervous and just praying that little bean is ok and has a nice healthy heartbeat!

Thanks for listening to me ramble on, will fill you in when I get back!

xx

goingdownhill Wed 13-Jul-11 06:58:32

Hi,

I didn't want your post to go unanswered. I am so sorry for the stress you must be under. I have no direct experience of bleeding in early pregnancy, but a few friends have had bleeding and gone on to have a successful pregnancy.

I really hope all is well with your scan today. Offering you a virtual hand hold.

Good luck xx

hermionejgranger Wed 13-Jul-11 07:03:59

another virtual hand here... good luck x

CBear6 Wed 13-Jul-11 07:53:58

With DS I bled on and off all the way through, at 9 weeks I was convinced I was losing him and at 24 weeks it was bad enough for them to admit me to hospital and consider inducing me if it continued. With my current pregnancy I bled at 9 weeks and a scan showed everything was fine, I haven't had any bleeding since. DS is now two and I'm 31 weeks along in my pregnancy, so it's not alway bad.

I've had two miscarriages too. I had one at 6wks and started gradually, brown at first and then red but it took a few days to become heavy and I had cramping, it also didn't stop once it had started - the fact you've had no pain and no build up are encouraging signs, so is the fact that it's stopped.

There are loads of explanations for bleeding in pregnancy, especially early pregnancy. A patch of cells irritated by hormones can rupture and bleed, sex can trigger bleeding from the surface of the cervix if it's bumped during, the growing baby can dislodge part of the womb lining as it snuggles in, sometimes there are patches of blood inside the womb sort of like an internal bruise and these come away as the pregnancy grows, and sometimes there is no explanation and some women just bleed. It can never be dismissed as normal and should always be checked out but it's very, very common.

Fingers crossed everything will be okay, the waiting is awful I know x

Paschaelina Wed 13-Jul-11 07:56:53

Hello, I had a huuge bleed at 12 weeks, just like yours, fresh blood suddenly, stopped quite quickly. I had to wait for my scheduled 12week scan 3 days later to find everything was absolutely fine. They never did find the reason for the bleed.

Here's hoping your scan is fine.

DiamanteMaddy Wed 13-Jul-11 11:05:22

Hi,

Just to update you all, went for the scan and they were unable to find a heartbeat an believe my little baby died only a few days ago.
I have a translocated chromasome disorder so im more likely to have a baby with patau syndrome and I think this is what has happened. I knew in my heart that my baby wasnt with me anymore.

Thank you ll for your support and best of luck to everyone with ther pg's, hopefully I will be back here soon with some better news!

xxx

BaldricksTurnip Wed 13-Jul-11 11:13:35

sad So sorry for your loss. I hope you are blessed with another little bean soon. Hugs and best of luck x

Folicacid Wed 13-Jul-11 11:14:50

So sorry to hear that Maddy. Rest and rest some more. I hope you have got good support and good luck with better news.

Paschaelina Wed 13-Jul-11 11:34:20

Sorry to hear that sad

Renaissance227 Wed 13-Jul-11 11:35:21

So sorry to hear your news! sad

pruney1977 Wed 13-Jul-11 12:39:55

So sorry for your loss, try and get some rest x

nunnie Wed 13-Jul-11 12:41:29

Sorry for your loss.

jumpingjackhash Wed 13-Jul-11 12:47:04

So sad for you.

LittleBoxes Wed 13-Jul-11 12:47:36

Hello, sending you sympathy. I'm going through a miscarriage myself at the moment (my second) so I know how you feel. It really is horrible and feels so unfair, doesn't it?

Look after yourself over the next few weeks - you'll be very up and down (mostly down at first sad)

Thirstysomething Wed 13-Jul-11 12:52:36

happened just like that to me at Christmas, now 17 wks along with next pregnancy... you never stop worrying, but I am sure you will have good news next time. No one ever talks about it, but if you do, you will discover that so many friends and acquaintances have been through it as well. I found that so comforting. Thinking of you and so much luck for the future x

goingdownhill Wed 13-Jul-11 13:21:40

I am so sorry for your loss. Please be gentle with yourself. Sending lots of hugs. sad x

Wormshuffler Wed 13-Jul-11 19:26:42

I'm so sorry for your loss xx

Catsycat Wed 13-Jul-11 20:02:08

So sorry that this has happened.

I had a mc recently too - I found out my pregnancy "wasn't viable" at 9 weeks. I have found the mc board on here very comforting, also talking to friends in real life, many more of whom have experienced this kind of loss than I ever suspected. I found it helped to feel I'm not alone in going through this.

Take good care of yourself. xx

hermionejgranger Thu 14-Jul-11 03:33:59

so sorry to hear your sad news, Maddy. Be kind to yourself and have lots of rest xx

giraffesCantZumba Thu 14-Jul-11 03:45:19

sorry to hear that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now