Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implantation bleeding...how much??

(11 Posts)
threecurrantbuns Tue 12-Jul-11 21:14:05

If you had this before finding out you were pregnant how mcuh would you say is the norm??

Tangle Tue 12-Jul-11 21:32:43

How long is a piece of string?

I think the expectation is that it will be a tiny drop of blood when you wipe - and for many women who have an implantation bleed that is all they get.

Then again, my MW had one with her DC2. It was so big that she was convinced it was her period and that she hadn't conceived that month - very surprised to have a scan and discover she was 4 weeks further on than she'd thought!

threecurrantbuns Tue 12-Jul-11 21:36:59

Ok thanks you well i usually have a 28day cycle but had a bleed about 2weeks after the usual one but it was light for me lasted about 2days mostly just brown with a bit of red, usually starts a bit browny then goes red TMI. Also had period pains before it started.

Tangle Tue 12-Jul-11 21:43:26

2 weeks after the start of your last period would be very early for an implantation bleed - if you have a 28 day cycle then that's approximately when you'd expect to ovulate, with implantation starting a week or so after ovulation (and ending once the placenta is fully formed and functional at the end of the first trimester).

How long is it since the start of your last "normal" period?

threecurrantbuns Tue 12-Jul-11 22:13:06

I couldn't say exactly as haven't been keeping track as well as I used to. Not much help I know. I didn't fall with my ds after having sex once on day 6 of my cycle though was very shocked!

Tangle Tue 12-Jul-11 22:25:24

Do you mean you did fall with your DS? That would suggest you might ovulate very early, which would make an early implantation bleed more likely.

It would also mean you ought to get a +ve on an HPT sooner than 28 days - have taken a pregnancy test yet?

threecurrantbuns Tue 12-Jul-11 22:34:05

Yes I did fall with him was very shocked myself at the time. Not tested yet as been telling myself I'm being paranoid.

Tangle Tue 12-Jul-11 22:50:32

Would it be good or bad news?

From what you've written (and what I know, as a reasonably well read but completely unqualified body) pregnancy is a possibility at this point in time but its not the only answer. Have you been particularly stressed? That can play havoc with your cycles.

I think the only way you're going to know is to take a test. Just be aware that as you don't know your LMP you don't really know how early on you might be and a -ve could be a false -ve...

threecurrantbuns Wed 13-Jul-11 07:20:37

It would be ok but not ideal timing wise. We would like another but not yet really but we would be fine if I was. Getting period like pain which makes me think not but no period. Keep going very dizzy too and odd feeling sick lots of toilet trips. All could point to preg but also could mean af is on its way.

Very tempted to test but trying to wait a bit if possible

Lala29 Wed 13-Jul-11 11:13:25

My bleeding was from literally 2 days after the end of my period. It was very light brown/pink and lasted for about 2 days (usual period lasted 5 days). I then went on to have what appeared to be a normal period at the usual time I would expect this, so was very upset to find out I wasn't pregnant again. The "period" lasted the same amount of time, was nearly as heavy (maybe a touch lighter in restrospect). When I went for a scan, however, turns out I was about 4 weeks further along than i thought.

Lala29 Wed 13-Jul-11 11:15:57

Just realised, it was actually the other way around, sorry, first I had the fake period which lasted the usual amount of time, then 2 days after the fake period, I had the very light bleeding. Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now