Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

outbreak of new stretch marks week 31!

(8 Posts)
yoshimigalloway Tue 12-Jul-11 14:13:38

I'll be 31 weeks on Thursday, I have had some stretch marks across the front of my thighs high up for a little while now.

I seem to have had a growth spurt over the last few weeks, although I was pleased when the midwife measured me at 29 during week 29 (i'm quoting this to anyone who says i'm huge! including my mother).

Anyway last night I decided to trim my bikini area with the help of a mirror as I now can't see what's going on (so glamourous!) I found patches of stretch marks down each side of the underneath of my belly. To my distress (!) I also found them along the top of my bikini line, these seem quite deep too.

So last night I was applying the bio oil, obvs a little too late now!

No real point or question to my post I just thought I would share my fascination with my ever expanding belly!

mo3d Tue 12-Jul-11 14:16:08

Congratulations on your beautiful expanding belly! Don't worry about the stretch marks, they fade.

yoshimigalloway Tue 12-Jul-11 14:25:09

thank you! perhaps more cake will help?!

mo3d Tue 12-Jul-11 14:34:32

Always grin

WinterLover Tue 12-Jul-11 18:57:37

I had no stretch marks until 31 weeks, then had a growth spurt and sprung out with a few... my baby lines as im calling them grin

mo3d Tue 12-Jul-11 19:57:35

Ahh 'baby lines' I think that's lovely. I'm going to call mine that from now on. What shall I call the ones I got from puberty though? confused

WinterLover Tue 12-Jul-11 20:01:12

erm baby lines too - no1 needs to know they were already there wink

mo3d Tue 12-Jul-11 20:24:15

V true!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: