Talk

Advanced search

2nd trimester restlessness??

(3 Posts)
Karmanna Tue 12-Jul-11 13:49:21

Hi all,

I’m now officially in the 2nd trimester and I feel SO restless! I can’t sit still! It’s like I’ve got ants in my pants and I want to jump out of my own skin, and a bit like I can’t get enough air in my lungs - it makes it really hard to concentrate at work as I have to jump up from my desk every 10 minutes to walk around. It’s so annoying! sad

Maybe it’s my newfound 2nd trimester energy that wants to be used up? Have any of you noticed anything similar and if so did it pass and what did you do to cope?

Yesterday on the bus home I thought I was gonna go mad when we got stuck in some traffic and I felt really claustrophobic and just wanted to get off the bus.

I was so looking forward to the 2nd trimester after being sick and exhausted in the 1st but this restlessness is almost as bad...

xxx

MrsCLH Tue 12-Jul-11 13:58:17

Hi Karmanna

I know what you mean! I was like this in the second trimester, often in bed at night which is the worst time! I went to the gym a lot before I got pregnant, slowed down a fair bit in the first trimester but felt able to do more in the second so I did. Gentle exercise helped a lot, meant I felt tired, but in a nice way, when going to bed at night!

I'm 29 weeks now and you can be sure that the tiredness comes back with a vengeance so make the most of it!!

Mrs H xx

Karmanna Tue 12-Jul-11 14:17:42

Thanks Mrs H!

Yes, I used to be pretty active before I got pregnant so maybe I'll try to start again with some low impact exercise - maybe swimming or pilates...

I seem to be ok at night but when I'm in the office it's like my skin's crawling and I have to keep finding excuses to leave my desk. But as you say, I should make the most of this excess energy as I know the tiredness will hit me again in the 3rd trimester...

xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now