Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant and so, so dizzy!!

(9 Posts)
BabyG5 Tue 12-Jul-11 09:19:19

Hi - i am 6 weeks pregnant and haven't really felt sick yet but over the past few days I have had horrendous headaches and have felt very very dizzy. So much so I have not wanted to drive and am breathless walking around the house. All that seems to help is if I lie down and stay there, and maybe sleep a bit. Is this normal???! And if so how long does it last....

valbona Tue 12-Jul-11 09:25:20

normal! I was very dizzy/breathless at about that stage - eg a 10-min flat cycle ride left me reeling, breathless, had to sit on floor, head in hands etc. it didn't last long ... and then the sickness kicked in! congrats and good luck

WhipMeIndiana Tue 12-Jul-11 09:28:04

not really normal see doctor you may have labirinthitis, inner ear infection they prescribe anti nausea tablets fine for pg

kri5ty Tue 12-Jul-11 10:59:32

it was normal for me hun, i had very bad vertigo

It went at around week 10, and is now back at 18... apparently now it is due to my centre of gravity changing as i have a bump!

if you are worried though, always go to your gp, there is no harm i it smile

grottielottie Tue 12-Jul-11 11:47:06

Completely normal I would say, it could be a touch of low blood pressure so make sure you are well hydrated which will help.

silverangel Tue 12-Jul-11 13:00:59

I had it too - really badly - passed by about 12 weeks...

figgygal Tue 12-Jul-11 13:10:49

I had it too at that stage and for about a month was linked to my blood pressure is yours usually low?
I found eating more often kept it at bay but did mean more weight gain :-(

notcitrus Tue 12-Jul-11 13:37:05

I'd check with the doc as headaches are unusual.
Vertigo is common in pregnancy though. I found it was worst in crowded areas with flashing lights etc so got a walking stick (about £10 for a folding one from the chemist) to help navigate Victoria Station. Also helps you get seats!

Hope you feel better soon.

lovesicecream Tue 12-Jul-11 13:42:09

I was the same headaches and dizziness till around 8 weeks! Now I'm just sick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now