Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long to wait after c-section...?

(5 Posts)
Sarochenka Mon 11-Jul-11 19:34:00

How long should you wait before getting up the stick again? Is there a recommended waiting period?

Catsycat Mon 11-Jul-11 19:39:23

Hi, I have had two cs, and was told by the mw on discharge from hospital to wait 6 months to a year. I waited 18 months between having DD1 and getting pg with DD2. It was fine. A friend who has had 3 cs only had 7 months between having one of hers and getting pg with the next. She did not have any problems related to the cs.

Hope this helps.

Meglet Mon 11-Jul-11 19:41:54

My GP said wait 6 months after my straightforward EMCS.

I got pg 13 months later and had DC2 22 months after the first cs by planned cs, no problems.

lovesicecream Mon 11-Jul-11 20:58:20

I had an emcs 17 weeks ago, because my incision is longer than normal and they cut higher into the womb I have to have an elcs next time (risk of rupture is high) I asked the consultant when I could conceive again and he said because I will be having an elcs next time I could start trying straight away, they only say 12 - 18 months if you want a vbac as risk of rupture during labour can be increased if the scar hasn't had long enough to heal, I'm now 7 weeks pg

Sarochenka Mon 11-Jul-11 21:59:40

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now