Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How long to wait after c-section...?

(5 Posts)
Sarochenka Mon 11-Jul-11 19:34:00

How long should you wait before getting up the stick again? Is there a recommended waiting period?

Catsycat Mon 11-Jul-11 19:39:23

Hi, I have had two cs, and was told by the mw on discharge from hospital to wait 6 months to a year. I waited 18 months between having DD1 and getting pg with DD2. It was fine. A friend who has had 3 cs only had 7 months between having one of hers and getting pg with the next. She did not have any problems related to the cs.

Hope this helps.

Meglet Mon 11-Jul-11 19:41:54

My GP said wait 6 months after my straightforward EMCS.

I got pg 13 months later and had DC2 22 months after the first cs by planned cs, no problems.

lovesicecream Mon 11-Jul-11 20:58:20

I had an emcs 17 weeks ago, because my incision is longer than normal and they cut higher into the womb I have to have an elcs next time (risk of rupture is high) I asked the consultant when I could conceive again and he said because I will be having an elcs next time I could start trying straight away, they only say 12 - 18 months if you want a vbac as risk of rupture during labour can be increased if the scar hasn't had long enough to heal, I'm now 7 weeks pg

Sarochenka Mon 11-Jul-11 21:59:40

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: