Talk

Advanced search

severe breast pain- under left breast!!

(2 Posts)
mummy2bemma Mon 11-Jul-11 18:14:28

relei need sum advice plz ladies... i am 15+weeks pregnant with my 1st baby.. in the past 2 weeks iv been woken up with SEVERE pain under my let breast, it also happens sometimes during the day but mostly when i am sleeping.. the pain is horrible, iv even been sick sometimes because it gets soo bad- no matter how i lie or what position im in the pain will not settle- i have been 2 c my gp- she said it was acid caused by ribs/organs being pushed up- i tried 2 explain that the pain feels nothing like heartburn but she insisted, and prescribed me with heartburn syrip- which hasnt helped at all!!
has any1 else expierienced this pain?/- if so how can i get rid of it??
thanx ladies xxxxx

MamaLaMoo Mon 11-Jul-11 18:46:28

I've had really bad heartburn which is worse at night and made me vomit but Gaviscon liquid didn't do much to help and I ended up taking ranitidine tablets which reduce the amount of acid your stomach makes and that helped a lot. If the liquid doesn't work go back to GP and get an antacid like ranitidine.

It is a bit early for your pain to be caused by the baby pushing its foot up under your ribs. Could you have pulled a muscle in your chest? Vomiting violently can pull all sorts of funny muscles. That you feel it mostly when lying down suggests position you are in is a factor which would mean stomach contents leaking out (and this can be very painful) or a more mechanical muscle related problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now