Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Worried. Please advise -

(16 Posts)
Renaissance227 Mon 11-Jul-11 13:44:05

I'm 25+1 today. Last night I had lots of kicking and moving, even into the early hours. Quite a bit more than normal, which is a good sign (I hope).
BUT today I have felt no movement at all. My bump seens to be a bit flatter today (not sure if that is just me thinking it, I feel a bit sick, and I've had a very upset tummy for most of the day so far along with tummy ache that is more like a dragging/period pain. I'm also very hot but I think this is just the weather. Last time it was hot like today I got reduced movement but still had some.
Has anyone had these problems? Do you think it is something to worry about?

PhyllisDiller Mon 11-Jul-11 14:19:27

Have you tried sitting with your feet up and relaxing for a bit (even if you are at work)? Make sure you are drinking water and keeping hydrated.

If you are really worried you could call you anti-natal ward and pop in for a check up, you might have to queue for a bit but the peace of mind is worth it and they don’t mind (at least they don’t at my hospital).

I have some days, particularly when I am busy, where I don’t get much movement. I force myself to sit down and relax and that usually helps. I rememebr it being the same with the last two...

Renaissance227 Mon 11-Jul-11 14:21:54

Will try and relax now to see what happens. It's been a very busy day so far! Thank you for answering PhyllisDiller, I didn't think anyone was going to! smile

KnitterNotTwitter Mon 11-Jul-11 14:23:58

If baby was having a good wriggle around yesterday then they may have moved so they're kicking backwards rather than forwards - that would tie in with your bump having changed shape and you not feeling the movements...

That said if you're still worried it's worth going and getting checked out...

CombineArvester Mon 11-Jul-11 14:24:32

Renaissance I think you should call the midwife now and explain that you felt an unusual amount of movements last night and nothing at all today, and that you are feeling ill.

Come back and let us know what happened.

Renaissance227 Mon 11-Jul-11 14:26:48

Thank you. Will see what the midwife says.

Renaissance227 Mon 11-Jul-11 14:29:53

Just felt little wriggles higher up than normal. Maybe baby has turned (used to be breech) a bit?!
Will keep an eye on any movement and call the midwife if I feel no more by about 5ish.
Thank you everyone. x

kitkey Mon 11-Jul-11 14:41:23

Having the same issue today and am going to ring later too. Sure all is ok but it is worrying.

CombineArvester Mon 11-Jul-11 14:44:05

Renaissance I forgot to remind tell ask if you've checked your temperature. Ring midwife anyway grin

Kitkey how far along are you?

Renaissance227 Mon 11-Jul-11 15:04:10

I've not checked my temperature but feel very hot on the inside and cool on the outside, BUT I do have beetroot cheeks!
Does that mean something?

ksaunders Mon 11-Jul-11 15:10:06

Have a cold drink and eat something sugary, then put your feet up for a bit. This is usually enough to get the lo wriggling!

CombineArvester Mon 11-Jul-11 16:33:23

No I was just wondering if you might have a urine infection or something in addition to your tummy troubles! Any more movements?

deemented Mon 11-Jul-11 16:35:31

Any change of movements should be checked out ASAP. Please do get in touch with midwife soon.

stupefy Mon 11-Jul-11 16:40:30

It sounds to me like you might have an infection brewing somewhere.

Ring the labour ward or day assesment if you have one and tell them you are going in because you don't feel right, hat is what they are there for, they wont mind at all.

CombineArvester Tue 12-Jul-11 15:18:55

How are things today Renaissance?

Renaissance227 Tue 12-Jul-11 16:48:41

Thank you for all the replies. Bump has been moving around a lot today. Feel so relieved. smile
I still have a temperature though and keep going very hot. Will keep an eye on that, though it's probably just the weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now