Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happened??

(6 Posts)
no1childminder Mon 11-Jul-11 12:59:45

Hi, I have posted this on Conception but thought Id post on here to see if anyone here could shed some light on my situation. Im TTC#2, I had a MMC back in March. I took 3 clearblue early PT's, 1 on thurs and 2 on fri, and they all came back a faint BFP. They were faint but obviously there, didnt have to squint or anything! Because they were faint I took a Sainsburys test this morning (Im due on today) and it was a BFN. Moments later I had strong period pains and my AF came. Is this a MC? A CP? Or was I unlucky enough to get 3 false positives?! Ive been having symptoms: sore heavy boobs, nausea, extreme tiredness, sensitive nipples. Ive been feeling pregnant too. I know the feeling because Ive been pregnant before.

Also, I know some women still get their periods whilst pregnant, I was just wondering if anyone knows if these are usually 'normal' periods, or exceptionally lighter?

Thanks for reading this.

babyonbord Mon 11-Jul-11 13:09:23

i think you're better off going to your doctor, i think its more than likley it was just a period but i'd see your doctor as he is really the best person to be asking.

no1childminder Mon 11-Jul-11 14:00:14

thankyou babyonboard Im going to see my dr this afternoon.

KatyCustard Mon 11-Jul-11 14:19:03

I'm no doctor, but this happened to me before Christmas and my step-mum (midwife) thought it was possibly a chemical pregancy i.e. conception occured and my body produced enough hcg to show positive on a test which I took a few days before I was due on. The next few tests I took were negative and I came on a few days late. Sometimes though, it's a case of unfortunately never really knowing. But I would def ask a doctor too.

babyonbord Mon 11-Jul-11 14:47:37

That sounds right as i've never heard of a positive pregnancy test being wrong only negative ones so you must have been producing hcg in order for it to show positive but keep trying you'll be upduffed before you know it x

Wormshuffler Mon 11-Jul-11 14:56:01

I had this, I took it to mean we had fertilized an egg but it hadn't got stuck on. Not sure if that is the same as a chemical. I had symptoms too, was only 2 days late so didn't class it to myself as a M/C just "one that got away" sad I am now 14 weeks pg so all good, maybe next month OP x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now