Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Water retention?

(4 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 11-Jul-11 11:11:32

Ok I was not skinny pre-pregnancy, about a size 16 but I have come down from a size 30 so have a wobbly belly but basically in the morning my belly is as normal & by the evening I look 9 months pregnant! It gets massive & has that real baby bump look, not just fat but then by morning it is gone again?!? I am only 8w6 so what is this? Am I retaining that much water???

Renaissance227 Fri 15-Jul-11 11:11:20

This is totally normal. I had this for weeks and weeks.
Don't worry, justs enjoy your pregnancy!
Congratulations by the way! smile

KathleenMay Fri 15-Jul-11 15:55:01

I have this problem too. 7 weeks pregnant, in the morning I'm normal looking and by lunchtime even if I hold my tummy in I have a bloated waist. By evening my appetite is effected by how bloated I feel and I look like a big puffy pie. I look at least a dress size or 2 bigger. Then I go to bed and wake up normal! So dont worry you arent alone.

I hear that drinking more actually helps as it flushes you out, but I've been a fish all day and no big difference. A little bit of walking or activity also keeps the bloat at bay, but I'm desk bound in my job. But if you can fit in water and a walk it might help.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 15-Jul-11 16:35:51

Thanx ladies. I am walking loads & drinking gallons so I just embrace my big belly & smile smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now