Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Water retention?

(4 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 11-Jul-11 11:11:32

Ok I was not skinny pre-pregnancy, about a size 16 but I have come down from a size 30 so have a wobbly belly but basically in the morning my belly is as normal & by the evening I look 9 months pregnant! It gets massive & has that real baby bump look, not just fat but then by morning it is gone again?!? I am only 8w6 so what is this? Am I retaining that much water???

Renaissance227 Fri 15-Jul-11 11:11:20

This is totally normal. I had this for weeks and weeks.
Don't worry, justs enjoy your pregnancy!
Congratulations by the way! smile

KathleenMay Fri 15-Jul-11 15:55:01

I have this problem too. 7 weeks pregnant, in the morning I'm normal looking and by lunchtime even if I hold my tummy in I have a bloated waist. By evening my appetite is effected by how bloated I feel and I look like a big puffy pie. I look at least a dress size or 2 bigger. Then I go to bed and wake up normal! So dont worry you arent alone.

I hear that drinking more actually helps as it flushes you out, but I've been a fish all day and no big difference. A little bit of walking or activity also keeps the bloat at bay, but I'm desk bound in my job. But if you can fit in water and a walk it might help.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Fri 15-Jul-11 16:35:51

Thanx ladies. I am walking loads & drinking gallons so I just embrace my big belly & smile smile x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: