Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

question on possibe movements

(10 Posts)
kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 10:07:25

I have a strange question about movements...

i am a first timer 18 weeks, and although i can not describe them as "kicks" i am getting strange twinges in my lower belly (i think bump is still very low, as its pressing on my bladder still) The twinges feel like when you pull a muscle and you get like a shooting pain, but last say a second... could these be kicks but they are just too light to recognise yet??

BigBabyBoots Mon 11-Jul-11 10:15:15

When I went for my 16 week midwife appointment a lil foot pushed out and the midwife jumped out of her skin. I didn't see anything but I felt a shooting pain (not a bad pain at all), at the same time. I'd been having them for about a week. I twigged it must be pod moving smile.

I paid attention to them after that and gradually they changed into proper kicks, with a bit of a popcorn phase in between lol.

Cattleprod Mon 11-Jul-11 10:15:40

It might be your uterus stretching - early kicks aren't usually painful. It's difficult to explain, but they feel a bit like when you gently move a sweet around your mouth with your tongue. You'll probably feel them more when you are lying down quietly on your back, especially if you have an ice cream or cold drink first. smile

kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 10:21:16

ooooooo thanks smile

i wouldnt say it is painful, just a strange feeling!

i'm making mental note to remember to have an ice cream lter and lie down lol

Cattleprod Mon 11-Jul-11 10:28:49

A good excuse to relax with a Magnum!! grin

kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 10:33:42

mmmm i have a tub of ben and jerrys in the freezer grin

Cattleprod Mon 11-Jul-11 10:37:31

You realise you have to eat the entire tub for the effect to work properly! wink grin

Preferably with chocolate sauce on top!!

kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 10:50:17

will it work if i eat the whole tub, with chocolate sauce on top, and also some chopped nuts? wink

FirstTimeMummyToBe Mon 11-Jul-11 12:35:18

im 20+5 and i had these sort of feelings... also had ones as tho my stomach was tensing up i guessed baby turning.

They are getting much stronger now and can feel proper kicks every now and again although very light smile

Cattleprod Mon 11-Jul-11 13:42:06

Probably best to experiment kri5ty - nuts, marshmalllows, strawberry/chocolate/toffee sauce, different flavours of Ben & Jerrys, Haagen Dazs, supermarket own brand etc., just to see what combination gives optimal baby kickage!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now