Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody used a Close baby carrier?

(15 Posts)
happytree Sun 10-Jul-11 17:24:04

and if so what are they like? I'm thinking of getting one for carrying around DC2.

Firawla Sun 10-Jul-11 19:35:53

I have and it seemed pretty good although I did not use it that much as I had double buggy and ds was fairly happy to be put down @ home etc, but thinking ill use it more with ds3 cos im not going for a triple buggy so being able to put one in a carrier should come in handy. they seem quite comfy in it and i definitely prefered it than babasling which i tried for ds1. i see a lot of mums with this closer carrier or ones of the same type and everyone seems to find them good, the reason i got that one is cos one of my friends recommended it so i do think its a good one to get if going for a sling or carrier. I am just not great with slings really is why i didnt use it as much as i wanted but hopefully will have to perservere with it a bit more

outthere Sun 10-Jul-11 19:49:54

Watching this thread with interest as my sister has given me hers to use with ds3...

Was hoping to master btreastfeeding in it - is that naive or is it a real possibility?

BertieBotts Sun 10-Jul-11 19:55:07

I haven't used one, but I used a stretchy wrap which I found fantastic and really easy to use. It looks similar but the tying method is different (it doesn't have the rings)

RollingInTheAisles Sun 10-Jul-11 19:55:18

Yes I've used one and you can breastfeed in them. They are great if you don't want to deal with the more manual version of a moby or sleepy wrap although they're not quite as adjustable and do not give quite as much of a firm 'carry' as one of those and so not so good when you have an older baby / toddler. I would use mine again though.

Ilovekittyelise Sun 10-Jul-11 20:09:37

iv not had my baby yet but i got a baby bjorn one on ebay for about £12...theres tonnes on there, so if you are on the fence about it, not much to lose!

leddeeburdee Sun 10-Jul-11 20:18:39

I've used one. It was great but I tended to use it round the house more than when I was out as I found my Baby Bjorn quicker and easier to put on over my coat (DS was only 18 months at the time and I didn't always have lots of time to position DD in the Close correctly when I was on the go). She loved being held all the time hmm and I definitely appreciated having it during the baby days - she seemed very snug and content in it.

BertieBotts Mon 11-Jul-11 08:34:56

I don't think that the close carrier is designed to be worn over a coat - certainly a stretchy wrap would be very hard to position. I used to wear the coat I'd work when pregnant around both of us grin

happytree Mon 11-Jul-11 08:40:34

Thanks for all you advice. I'm hoping not to buy a double buggy and just use sling and single pushchair for DS who will be 20 months. He's a pretty independent walker now (15months).

RollingInTheAisles Mon 11-Jul-11 08:44:41

I think that would work, I didn't use the buggy for my little one until after the first year really, and even then it was only because I needed the bottom of the buggy to carry things in if I was shopping!

BertieBotts Mon 11-Jul-11 08:48:24

Do you have a sling meet locally? If so it's definitely worth going to one to see if you can try out a few different kinds of slings before you order one.

itswhereyouleftit Mon 11-Jul-11 08:52:49

i used one briefly however I wasn't a sling type of girl and i was ROASTING all the time!

SoBroken Mon 11-Jul-11 09:46:56

A lot of my friends swear by them and I thought they looked brilliant, so I got one for DS1. He hated it and so did I. Despite the DVD instructions I could never get it to feel like it wasn't about to come undone, DS always seemed to be slipping and wriggling and I never felt as though I could take both arms off him, so I might as well have been carrying him.

I got a Baby Bjorn carrier with rucksack type straps and he loved that! It was much easier to get on and I didn't have to spend hours faffing about with tightening and untightening rings.

I've since read loads of stuff about how awesome babywearing is so it was probably me doing something wrong. But whatever it was, it wasn't obvious and after paying £50, believe me, I gave it plenty of chances.

BumperlicicusTotalus Mon 11-Jul-11 13:53:18

I used a close but then progressed onto a stretchy wrap. I'm looking to sell my close so pm me if you are interested. If you want you can try it out first.

RollingInTheAisles Mon 11-Jul-11 19:24:05

I think baby wearing is a very personal thing and everyone is different, plus, you may prefer different carriers for different ages / purposes. If you can get to a sling meet it's never a bad idea but best to go when you can take your baby with you and try out for real!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now