Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Facial Skincare

(5 Posts)
Cherrypi Sun 10-Jul-11 12:33:51

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good skincare products for my terrible pregnancy face? My normally occasionally spotty skin is now very spotty and dry. I thought I would have one last pampering splurge pre baby. What works for you?

ksaunders Sun 10-Jul-11 13:13:43

Hi Cherrypi. Last time I was pregnant I was lucky enough to be bought a course of clarins treatments and I still use clarins now. I was told at the time that your skin can change during pregnancy so you might need to use different products. Why don't you go to a cosmetic counter in a department store/Boots and ask their advice. They can look at your skin and recommend something...Clinique and Clarins staff are generally quite helpful in the stores I have been to.

MissTriangle Sun 10-Jul-11 13:42:39

Cherrypi- i guess everyone is so different- but my skin went from being okay to horrific when I found out I was pregnant. I became so sensitive to everything. I used to use clarins religiously but can't use it now.
I got a prescription for some double base cream from GP and am using that. Not using any cleanser/toner but washing my face with sanex ultra sensitive. It is the only thing that works for me.
I miss my clarins- but have to say this way is a lot cheaper.
I would recommend trying products for sensitive skin- someone recommended simple to me - but is made me worse. Dermitologica is good stuff too- but pricey.

RickGhastley Sun 10-Jul-11 14:08:57

My skin is flaring up to everything during this pregnancy and the only thing that seems to NOT irritate is Neil's Yard Remedies.

Probably cos it's 100% natural ingrediants with no chemicals or additives.

Cherrypi Tue 12-Jul-11 23:16:01

Thanks everyone. I bought some nivea moisturising face wipes and moisturiser. Hopefully that will help. Alsi got asda own brand bio oil for the stretchmarks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now