Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Finding out the sex???

(9 Posts)
sleepyhead1234 Sun 10-Jul-11 08:41:10

When we had our DD 4 years ago we both agreed we wouldn't find out the sex, but always said with our next we would.

Now i'm 7 weeks pregnant and really really want to find out the sex but DH doesn't sad. I don't mind what it is just think it's easier if we do, if it's a boy we can sell DD baby stuff for blue. Also think it will help DD bond with bump.

Am thinking of finding out alone know it's naughty but i want to know what the miracle inside me is going to be.

Has anyone else ever found out and kept quiet???

WinterLover Sun 10-Jul-11 09:14:59

Im 34 weeks and We haven't found out, my DPs DD is 5 almost 6 and it's not affected her bonding with the bump.

What we did do was take her to a 4D scan with us, which helped her bond even more. Oh and let her play nurse with the Angelsounds Doppler finding the heartbeat grin

She can't wait to be a big sister here and find out if it's a brother or sister.

CandiceMariePratt Sun 10-Jul-11 09:20:52

I found out what I was having when I went for a scan for kidney stones. Dh still doesn't know that I knew all along we were having a girl and she is 4 now.

mollschambers Sun 10-Jul-11 09:23:11

I'm useless at keeping secrets so I wouldn't.

Note of caution - I know several people who were told they were having one sex when in fact it was the other. I wouldn't get rid of the blue until the baby is born. In which case you might as well wait.

benne81 Sun 10-Jul-11 09:36:49

I would find that absolutely impossible to do - but then I'm crap at keeping secrets and I wouldn't want to ruin it for DH by accidentially letting it slip. Also won't it be pretty obviously when your buying gender specific clothes for the little one - I know men are slow but I think your hubbie may catch on!

When I first found out I was pregnant I really wanted to know the sex but then by 20 weeks I had got used to the idea of not knowing and now I'm really glad we didn't - so wait a while, you may feel very diffierent in a couple of months.

Meglet Sun 10-Jul-11 09:40:00

My cousins did this. She didn't want to know but her DH did, he kept it quiet and didn't tell her as she wanted a suprise.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 10-Jul-11 09:45:45

We didn't find out simply because a close friend was told it would be a girl and it was a boy. Think that saying its so DD can bond is a tiny bit silly. She is 4 and really that shouldn't be a consideration. What happens too if they get it wrong, how will she cope with that?

As for the clothes, its early days. You might meet someone later who had a girl and now has a boy and be able to swap all your girly stuff with them.

sleepyhead1234 Sun 10-Jul-11 15:22:29

Thanks for all your suggestions, have to wait till 20 weeks anyway and as you said benne81 i may feel differently by then.
I'm just very impatient smile

birdofthenorth Sun 10-Jul-11 15:27:48

Me & DH found out but didn't tell anyone else (DH family mad keen on the surprise factor) but that was HARD with everyone asking & speculating all the time. Reckon keeping it from your DH may be impossible! Can't you persuade him? And take DD to the scan maybe so she's there when you find out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now